Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landedajackson
Level 7

HBO max profile changed

Jump to solution

I went to watch a movie last night on my HBO Max profile, but noticed it was under a males name I’ve never heard of. My account has been logged in with my own credentials then a couple of weeks later someone else account info was there. How is that possible when no one else has been in my home to manually change the account info from my remote? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO max

Jump to solution

@landedajackson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried signing out of the channel and re-authenticating to ensure that you are using your account? For more information about that channel's authentication, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO max

Jump to solution

@landedajackson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried signing out of the channel and re-authenticating to ensure that you are using your account? For more information about that channel's authentication, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
anjee
Level 7

Re: HBO max profile changed

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me today! Fwiw, I bought the Roku TV used. But the name change on one of my my HBO Max profiles appeared on my non-Roku tv; they do share the same wifi. Checked devices connected to my wifi (out of paranoia), but no outside users are found, at least for now. Anyway, it’s password protected wifi. Hope someone figures this out!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO max profile changed

Jump to solution

@anjee

For more information about that channel's features and functionality on a non Roku product, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FarmerEd
Level 7

Someone Else’s premium subscription

Jump to solution

Unusual situation: at some point in the past, a family member visiting with us got onto our Roku and signed into their HBO Max account manually, not within our Roku account.  We never noticed.  Now we are trying to log into our own HBO Max account on our Roku devices, but we can’t.  We keep seeing someone else’s when we open the app.  Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t help.  No menu options to delete account on device. No option to sign in via Roku web page on PC.  What do we do?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Someone Else’s premium subscription

Jump to solution

Enter the HBO Max app, click on whatever profile, scroll to the left, scroll down to settings, scroll all the way to the right you'll see sign out, click sign out of whatever email is currently being used, sign back in with yours. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
FarmerEd
Level 7

Re: Someone Else’s premium subscription

Jump to solution

Thank you so much: that worked.

0 Kudos