Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlvcfan
Level 7

HBO max only asking for renew subscription but I now get it free from xfinity cable co what do I do?

HBO max only asking for renew subscription but I now get it free from xfinity cable co. Can anyone help. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
PsiBolt
Level 8

Re: HBO max only asking for renew subscription but I now get it free from xfinity cable co what do I

I have a similar problem.

I was paying for HBOMax thru Hulu, now I get it free for 12 months from AT&T and don't know how to change on Roku.

The only think I can think of is to do a factory reset on my Roku Ultra & then add every app back one by one.

That seems like overkill.

It should be easy, but the app and searching for an answer gave me zero...

Hope someone answers this, cause in 12 months I will go back to paying for it again in Hulu and will I have to do another factory reset and add all the apps back again?

0 Kudos
RickiBH
Level 7

Re: HBO max only asking for renew subscription but I now get it free from xfinity cable co what do I

Is there an answer to this problem?  I pay for HBOMAX through Xfinity, I don't think I should have to pay for this service twice.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Those of you getting HBO Max through other services (AT&T, Xfinity, etc):

I'd suggest you check with the service providing the subscription as to where it can be used.

In some cases, such subscriptions are only good on the service providing the subscription and possibly via web access in a web browser on computer/phone/tablet.  

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
RickiBH
Level 7

My service worked two days ago. AND yes my Xfinity works on my smart TV and Roku too.  Do I have to reinstall it?  THANKS

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@RickiBH

Thanks for the posts.

Did you accidentally sign up for a HBO Max subscription on Roku or HBO Max? We would recommend checking your subscriptions online at my.roku.com and clicking Mange your subscriptions to make sure you haven't.

For more information about that channel's subscriptions and account information, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos