Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keithc77
Level 7

HBO max not loading

Model 2710X-Roku 1 and software version 9.4.0 build 4200-06 is what I have.  I have done all the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works.  Maybe HBO.Max isnt supported with 9.4.0. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: HBO max not loading

@Keithc77 wrote:

Model 2710X-Roku 1 and software version 9.4.0 build 4200-06 is what I have.  I have done all the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works.  Maybe HBO.Max isnt supported with 9.4.0. Any other suggestions?

It's not the software version. Usually, it's the device itself, even if Roku continues to update the device. That's the case for some other services. However, HBO Max says it does support "all device" that are running that update. Either HBO has dropped support for the device but not updated the Website to reflect that, or there is a glitch in the current HBO Max app that excludes that device (developers can choose what devices to support).

Do you see it in the Channel Store on your Roku? What happens when you try to install it?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO max not loading

Hi @Keithc77,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support? Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos