Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_delaluz
Level 7

HBO max language

So recently logged in to HBO max and I can’t seem to change the language I could only change the caption but only to English 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO max language

Hi @Alex_delaluz,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
DeeBee_100
Level 1

Re: HBO max language

What is the device you are using?  I am currently using a ROKU TV and...

- Roku

Here's how to turn closed captions on or off:

• While a video is playing, press the Star button (*) on your Roku remote and then choose: On replay, Off, or On always. You can also choose your profile icon on the Home screen (upper-left) and then choose Closed Captions.

To change the caption styling, press the Home button on your Roku remote and then go to Settings > Accessibility (or Captions) > Caption style. For more info, go to Roku Help: Closed captioning.

Changing the subtitle language and audio track are coming soon to Roku streaming devices.

Today, 05/13/2021, WW 1984 made its return to HBO Max and it is only streaming in Spanish. For gawd's sake!!!!

0 Kudos