Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kokotakus

HBO max is not working in Slovkia

Hello,

I am in Slovakia and Roku works great with Netflix or youtube. But I am not able to add the HBO MAX channel. Seems that it is because of some regional restrictions - fair enough, however the HBO MAX is available in Slovakia since two months already.

So when HBO Max itself is available in Slovakia I would say that it should be updated also here on Roku side and make it available.

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO max is not working in Slovakia

@kokotakus-

When a service submits a Roku-compatible version of its channel app to Roku, it is given a checklist of the geographical regions officially supported by Roku and must specify in which of those regions its service is to be available. There also is a "Rest of World" option that may be selected to instruct Roku to make the app available even in areas not specifically supported by Roku. Roku honors these choices and will only make the channel app available where specifically authorized by the service provider.

CURRENT ROKU SUPPORT REGIONS
North America       Europe           Latin America
Canada (English)    France           Argentina
Canada (Français)   Germany          Brazil
United States       United Kingdom   Chile
                                     Colombia
                                     Costa Rica
                                     El Salvador
                                     Guatemala
                                     Honduras
                                     Mexico
                                     Nicaragua
                                     Panama
                                     Peru

If a particular channel is available in your region via other platforms but not on Roku, then it's likely the channel has not authorized Roku to enable it in your region. I would suggest you contact the channel about this directly.  Don't be surprised if the front line people at the channel know nothing beyond the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when their app was submitted to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X