Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO max and peacock tv app

We need hbo max and peacock tv app on our Roku tv for free right now 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: HBO max and peacock tv app

Hope you're giving ATT and NBC the same message. They're holding out, too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I pay content providers for the right to stream the content they offer. I pay for the ROKU device so I can have the ability to stream that content. Now ROKU wants in on the money i pay for ther rights to content! Fine,  then ROKU should let the content provider in on some of the money they get for the devices! ROKU is changing their position in the business to make more money. This alone does not upset me. When they cause me frustration, THEN i get upset.

I understand ROKU made money for subscriptions through the ROKU store. But  that was side money and it was a convenience for us users. 

This is an INCONVENIENCE!!!

Highlighted
Level 12

All companies exist solely to make money for their owners and/or shareholders.  Even the nonprofits.  Roku and Amazon follow this very basic business foundation fact.  They don't exist to "help" people or 
"serve" their customers.  They create their business guidelines to meet their own ends and if you get something you want through or by them, it's a lucky by-product not a end result

Keep this in mind when you are forced to switch streaming platforms.  I feel better when I do what I have to do keeping the above in mind.

0 Kudos