Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RK_KC
Level 8

HBO kicks me out on start up or sound comes and goes

Hbo channel has been terrible since I've owned this roku. Although this roku has been garbage since owning it, but I've just put up with all the bugs. Hbo will kick me out when shuffling through their titles or after first opening. Also if it doesn't kick me out, then sound will come and go when playing a title, then it will usually kick me out. If it doesn't then I will have to restart if because the sound is not their or crackles. Once again roku ultra lt, model 4662x sn 04607d670624

2 REPLIES 2\
techgurl
Level 7

Re: HBO kicks me out on start up or sound comes and goes

I'm having the same issue with HBO Max and YouTubeTV. Roku used to be a good product but lately it's been lacking.  Looking for alternative streaming devices and where to sell or get rid of my old ones. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: HBO kicks me out on start up or sound comes and goes

@RK_KC 

Try reinstalling HBO Max:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

FYI, HBO Max is is very poorly coded very resource inefficient app on all platforms.

Try letting it load for a minute or three before navigating it.

@techgurl 

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

8) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV or Spectrum app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute (if ever).

0 Kudos