Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mca90guitar
Level 7

HBO go not showing in my channels

I have a TV with Roku and I'm trying to download HBO go. It says it is installed but it is not showing up with my channels and five no open to launch.

I have HBO now free trail going right now, will this prevent HBO go from showing up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: HBO go not showing in my channels

"Mca90guitar" wrote:
I have a TV with Roku and I'm trying to download HBO go.  It says it is installed but it is not showing up with my channels and five no open to launch.

I have HBO now free trail going right now, will this prevent HBO go from showing up?

Which Roku device (include model number)?

Are you adding from the Roku, or from the Website (https://channelstore.roku.com/)? If from the Website, you need to force an update to immediately see the channel on your Roku devices.

HBO GO should appear if your Roku device supports it (the reason for my first question). A free HBO trial won't impact whether or not the app appears on your Roku.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

I have seen both the HBO GO and HBO NOW app at times not show up in your Home menu of apps, even though it is installed. If you search for the app, does it show up and allow you to launch it? If so, then it is installed, but not showing in Home menu.  What has worked for me is to uninstall the app, do a RESTART of the Roku device from the menu system and then re-install the app and it will show up in Home menu. It may even require another RESTART of Roku device to get it to show up.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
Mca90guitar
Level 7

I have a tcl p605 so just using the Roku built into it. It says it is installed but no option to launch.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Mca90guitar
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
"Mca90guitar" wrote:
I have a TV with Roku and I'm trying to download HBO go.  It says it is installed but it is not showing up with my channels and five no open to launch.

Which Roku device (include model number)?

Are you adding from the Roku, or from the Website (https://channelstore.roku.com/)? If from the Website, you need to force an update to immediately see the channel on your Roku devices.

HBO GO should appear if your Roku device supports it (the reason for my first question). A free HBO trial won't impact whether or not the app appears on your Roku.

Just went to the channel search on the TV, when I go to that website it says it is Installed.

How do I force a update?
0 Kudos
Mca90guitar
Level 7

Ok I figured it out. Thanks.

Now it's just not showing up on the Roku app on my phone but whatever. Set up and working on the TV now
0 Kudos
Mca90guitar
Level 7

Ok now I'm in business. Signed out of my app and signed back in and it now shows up.
0 Kudos
gigicoltz
Level 7

Got Roku Streaming Stick +, using it in Romania/Europe. HBO Go and Amazon Video and HBO Go not showing uo in my channel store. Can't add them by web account, because "not possible in your region to add by web".

Any advice or solution?

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"gigicoltz" wrote:
Got Roku Streaming Stick +, using it in Romania/Europe. HBO Go and Amazon Video and HBO Go not showing uo in my channel store. Can't add them by web account, because "not possible in your region to add by web".

Any advice or solution?

Many thanks.

Unfortunately there is no solution. It's up to HBO and Amazon to make their channel available for your region. Roku has no control over that. All you can do is pester the providers.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos