Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indypharmd
Level 7

HBO Subscription through Direct TV (HBO Go) and Roku Streaming

I have an HBO subscription through my Direct TV account. Is there a way to use this through Roku? (The default login goes to HBO Now - which is not the same).
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: HBO Subscription through Direct TV (HBO Go) and Roku Streaming

"indypharmd" wrote:
I have an HBO subscription through my Direct TV account. Is there a way to use this through Roku? (The default login goes to HBO Now - which is not the same).

I might be misunderstanding, but you should be able to install HBO GO on your Roku and sign in with your Direct TV credentials, HBO Now is a stand alone service and doesn't use a separate  subscription like Direct TV to access.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: HBO Subscription through Direct TV (HBO Go) and Roku Streaming

"ghb51" wrote:
"indypharmd" wrote:

I might be misunderstanding, but you should be able to install HBO GO on your Roku and sign in with your Direct TV credentials, HBO Now is a stand alone service and doesn't use a separate  subscription like Direct TV to access.

Your understanding is correct:

HBO GO is for using a subscription from cable/satellite/streaming service.

HBO NOW is for a stand-along subscription.

They are not interchangeable.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos