Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Now vs HBO on Roku Channel

Jump to solution

I had a subscription to HBO Now for over a year. I cancelled it and ended up renewing it a few days later. Reasons aren't important.

The problem is that Roku changed my subscription from HBO Now to HBO on the Roku Channel. All of our watchings and save points are obviously not in the other app. When I log into HBO Now to manage my subscription, it takes me back to Roku where it shows I'm subscribed to HBO Channel on Roku and not HBO Now. 

How do I get HBO Now back?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Now vs HBO on Roku Channel

Jump to solution

I figured it out. It looks like HBO Now is no longer supported on the generation of Roku that we own. The HBO on Roku channel is terrible. There isn't even a search function within the HBO content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Now vs HBO on Roku Channel

Jump to solution

I figured it out. It looks like HBO Now is no longer supported on the generation of Roku that we own. The HBO on Roku channel is terrible. There isn't even a search function within the HBO content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos