Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO Now suddenly can't play most content

On December 1, 2020, I stopped in the middle of an episode of "The Undoing." On December 2, 2020, I tried to resume playing the episode and got the error "Content Not Available." I get the exact same error trying to play the vast majority of content on the channel. Strangely, I can play the 1981 movie "Scanners," which is the only one I've found to play so far. The behavior is exactly the same on a Roku Express+ and an older Roku 2. Both devices had no trouble playing HBO Now content until today. Both devices are logged in to my account and show "My List" and "Continue Watching." The shows that don't play on the Rokus do play in a desktop browser.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: HBO Now suddenly can't play most content

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrating. Nothing on HBO will play. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm having the same issue too.  It appears to have started yesterday.  I've followed all the tips to resolve it and so far no luck. Keep getting the content not available message. I did not subscribe to HBO through Roku.  I subscribed directly from the HBO website.  HBO is working fine on my other devices, just not on my tv through Roku, so it is not an HBO issue.  It is a Roku issue.

0 Kudos

@nangil wrote:

I'm having the same issue too.  It appears to have started yesterday.  I've followed all the tips to resolve it and so far no luck. Keep getting the content not available message. I did not subscribe to HBO through Roku.  I subscribed directly from the HBO website.  HBO is working fine on my other devices, just not on my tv through Roku, so it is not an HBO issue.  It is a Roku issue.

I'm not sure who to blame, but it seems to me that something must have changed on the HBO side of things since AFAICT, software on neither of my Roku devices updated before the problem appeared.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Well I think it's got to be a Roku issue because I am able to access and play HBO content on my ipad and iphone and PC.  Just not on my 2 tv's that I use a Roku device on.

0 Kudos