Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmw9798
Level 7

I have a Roku 2 and when I first turned it on, HBO Max was shown. Then I tried downloading Xfinity Beta on it and it wouldn't download and restarted the Roku. 

Then, after I got mad and unplugged and and plugged it back in, HBO Max was no longer on there. And yes, I did restart the Roku on my own as well with the button on the back.

It will not let me download HBO Max or Xfinity Beta. And, when I go to my account on Roku.com it says those channels are already added.

I'm so confused. I just wish I could talk to someone over the phone. To me, that's easier and faster.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max

Jump to solution

Your post shows you have the Roku 2 XD. That is an unsupported device by both Roku and HBO. I have a 2 XS, which is identical to yours except for the Bluetooth remote, and it would be a terrible experience with with Max. 

The 2 XD is now 11 years old, and really it's time for an upgrade. There are many channels that won't work on it, including Max, Disney+, and many more. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cmw9798

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku 2 model are you using? Please be aware that Roku channels will only be added to a channel if the device is supported by the channel, which could explain what you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your post shows you have the Roku 2 XD. That is an unsupported device by both Roku and HBO. I have a 2 XS, which is identical to yours except for the Bluetooth remote, and it would be a terrible experience with with Max. 

The 2 XD is now 11 years old, and really it's time for an upgrade. There are many channels that won't work on it, including Max, Disney+, and many more. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cmw9798

As @atc98092 mentioned, you are currently using a device that is no longer supported.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos