Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

When is Roku going to get their act together and put out an HBO Max app???

Jump to solution

And before someone else points to a “workaround” to get HBO Now, that’s specifically NOT what I’m asking...  having “almost” something isn’t having something. Combine this with not having a browser available is making me regret more my choice to purchase a Roku “smart” TV. At least my Panasonic and my Samsung have browser options. C’mon Roku and get your act together already!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: When are you guys going to get HBO Max?

Jump to solution

bought a competitor. Comes with remote. Got the cheap one. The company is famous for introducing DVR to the masses. It works great. Don't regret moving on.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Went a different direction on one of my TVs ... But you can believe when the new version of Chromecast comes out in a few weeks, all three of my Rokus will be in the trash.  

Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

Been 110 days since HBO Max went live. Will start shopping for replacements to my Rokus (5) starting Black Friday. The worst thing is the lack of communication from Roku and AT&T. They leave us to speculate, and then ersatz experts start postulating on what is happening. There are fan boys on both sides pointing finger at each other. And then there are people talking about corporate greed who would charge other people a bazillion dollars if they could get away with it. But they can't so they play the holier than thou card and act altruistic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

bought a competitor. Comes with remote. Got the cheap one. The company is famous for introducing DVR to the masses. It works great. Don't regret moving on.

What device would you recommend?  I like Apple TV, but want to go with more open platform.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku's disrespect for its customers

Jump to solution

You’re quite right to mention AT&T‘S role in this mess. And we know that John Oliver describes them so accurately every week. Won’t even try to quote him as Roku won’t even let me write “hello” minus the “o” - and yet the anti-vaxxer site streams on with Roku’s blessing. What the HELLO is going on here??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, after being loyal to Roku (6 devices), I am going to purchase a Chromecast and likely continue to do so in the future.  We've waited long enough for HBO Max and Peacock. When I originally researched many years ago, I was excited because it appeared that Roku was unbiased in the content they provided. Sadly, this has now proven to be wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max - retort or reckoning

Jump to solution

@captivater wrote:

This is not going to end well. It will lead to the same spats that Pay TV providers have had when negotiating for channels. Where if agreements can't be reached, then smell the torched earth. This HBO thing is microcosmic of what's to come. AT&T put AT&T TV back on Roku as an olive branch in the negotiations. They could just as easily pull it again, along with everything else under the WarnerMedia umbrella.

I would normally ever bump my own post. But I just couldn't resist. Told you so.

"Roku to lose some NBC channels as dispute over Peacock streaming deal heats up"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

it boils down to money, how much can they squeeze out of streaming services, and with the bickering, the consumer is the one that suffers.  we now have 3 apple tvs and are quite happy with them. Take that Roku!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

DC Universe content moving to HBO Max

Jump to solution

DC Universe will cease programming after December and will be only comic content. So we won’t be able to see our favorite shows. It will be moved to hbo Max. So.....I suggest that your bosses need to hurry and keep them n negotiating before some of us will switch to Apple TV or some other platform. 

0 Kudos