Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babyblue5840
Level 7

Re: HBOMax is coming to Roku Devices

I subscribed to HBO today and it works fine on other devices( through Apple TV and on my computer) but not on my Roku TCL tv? I can get into HBO max but it doesn't show ALL the HBO shows ( Raised by wolves for example)-- is there some kind of disconnect? and when I go to the settings it tells me to login to HBONOW but my HBO username and password do not work on HBONOW???????

0 Kudos
MarkF
Level 8

Re: HBO max

"I had to uninstall my HBO app then install HBOMax."

Did it take your HBO credentials for signing in, or were already a Max subscriber and used those credentials?

0 Kudos
VJ-DJ
Level 7

Re: HBO max

Ok, HBO and HBO Max are two different things. I think it's free to add HBO Max if you already have HBO (at least through AT&T). In other words a person can sign up for HBO Max if they don't have HBO on cable or Directv. So you would have to make sure you are signed up to HBO Max, either free through AT&T or pay separately. Then you should be able to add HBO Max on your Roku. HBO Max is supposed to have all the HBO content, plus extras, so you should be able to just use that. Call your TV service provider if you are not sure what you are eligible for. 

0 Kudos
RRobi
Level 7

Re: Still No HBO Max

HBOMAX is (finally) on Roku but Xfinity beat them to it, so I don’t need it on Roku anymore. 

0 Kudos
Wilmah
Level 7

Its not clear if this would be available in Canada.. if I have Crave tv, will i be able to watch Wonder women 84? Or do I have to add HBO also? 

0 Kudos
daz1138
Level 8

From HBOMax on Twitter:

Available on HBO Max in the US only, for 31 days from its release, at no extra cost to subscribers.

58” Hisense 58R6+ Roku TV C232X
Roku Ultra LT
Vizio SB3651N-H6 5.1 surround SoundBar
0 Kudos