Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmoroney
Level 7

Re: HBO Max Confusion

Jump to solution

I have same problem. Takes me to the old HBO, and that content is now available again. But HBO content is a subset of HBO Max.

0 Kudos
DaveSullivan
Level 7

Re: HBOMax is coming to Roku Devices

Jump to solution

Will the Roku Ultra play the Atmos soundtrack on HBOMax movies with Atmos, as of Dec 1, Roku was not included in the devices that will play Atmos. As of Dec 17, 2020 Roku supports the HBOMax app, does it also support Atmos?

https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-will-stream-wonder-woman-1984-in-4k-hdr-dolby-vision-and-dolby-atm...

https://hd-report.com/2020/12/01/4k-hdr-dolby-atmos-finally-coming-to-hbo-max/

0 Kudos
mmoroney
Level 7

Re: HBO max

Jump to solution

Here's how I fixed it: I removed the old HBO from my Roku channel listings. Then added HBO Max. It asked me to verify my subscription (I get it through cable provider). 

I noticed that once I did it for my first Roku device, it updated the other Roku to HBO Max as well.

0 Kudos
stunvis
Level 7

Roku 2 and HBOmax

Jump to solution

HBO Max won't load properly. It starts to load then kicks back to the list of apps.

I can get past the user screen but it gags on loading the content screen.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Runracer13
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got it to work by highlighting the old HBO channel on the home grid and then selecting "options". The menu pops up with a choice to update channel. That updates it to HBO Max.

0 Kudos
VJ-DJ
Level 7

Added HBO Max but only HBO shows on Home screen

Jump to solution

Today is first official day for HBO Max on Roku (12/17/20). I have a Roku premiere. I never had HBO on it. So I go to add HBO Max, but notice that the regular HBO icon is already there (I had never signed up for it on Roku). I then added HBO Max, but Home screen still showed only HBO. I then removed HBO from Roku and added HBO Max again, but still only saw HBO. Solution is not to panic and to wait and reload Home screen. I got out to main Roku page a few times and magically HBO Max appeared and HBO was gone, but it took about 20 minutes. The main page looks different in them. I thought maybe they were leaving it like that (made no sense) or it was a day-one glitch. If you are not sure which one it is, search 'Doom Patrol'. It gets a result in HBO Max, but not in regular HBO. I guess if refreshing and waiting 10-20 minutes doesn't work, you could try rebooting the Roku device, etc. Good luck. Thanks

0 Kudos
mintakax
Level 10

Jump to solution

Oddly, I turned on my Ultra and HBOMAX was right there in the channel lineup with all the newest content. I didnt have to do anything.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to say that the highly anticipated HBO Max is now available for streaming on Roku!

For information about this announcement, visit our Blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/hbo-max

For more information about how to view HBO Max on your Roku device, be sure to visit our Support page here: How do I watch HBO Max on my Roku® streaming device?

We will be closing this thread out.

Happy Streaming!
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

MarkF
Level 8

Jump to solution

So, on my Roku screen I have HBO installed already and I'm subscribed to it.  I went into it and nothing has changed.  I see that there is an HBO Max channel that I can add.  But I'm hesitant to do this so as to not confuse anything, if in fact my HBO channel will automatically turn into HBO Max later today.  (I don't know if I'd be able to sign into HBO Max with my current credentials.)

Is this the right course of action (or inaction), to simply wait?

Note: None of the solutions I see in this thread have worked for me.

0 Kudos
DaveSullivan
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had to uninstall my HBO app then install HBOMax.

0 Kudos