Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlanzy
Level 9

Re: HBO Max - I'm loyal to Roku, but not that loyal

Jump to solution

I have no doubt that with the WW84 coming to Max that Roku will finalize the deal prior especially with the likely increased tv viewing that occurs over the holidays. 

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

Jump to solution

We've had Roku since the "Netflix Player," but despite having a brand new TCL RokuTV, I have a FireTV on the way. You need to get a deal done.

0 Kudos
wandar2u
Level 9

Jump to solution

Remember when Amazon Firestick users were waiting right along with us? This is part of a bigger picture. What if the sticking point (pun intended) was user privacy? What if the negotiations are over your rights as a user? For the price of a new streaming device, users could have purchased more streaming channels.

- Jenny

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

Jump to solution

Oh, I remember. And we do occasionally watch old Columbo's on Peacock. FWIW we went for the fire 4k stick because it was cheap. Chromecast with Google seems to have a lot of issues with various channels not having available dolby audio/video modes. (ie, modes the channel and the device both support, but which the app isn't updated for). If today had been a new AppleTV as some predicted, we probably would have gone in that direction, but the current one has a bad case of old. That's fine for $30. It's not so fine for almost $200.

0 Kudos
johnrf
Level 7

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

I won't be buying any more roku devices if HBO max doesn't show up before Christmas. Already cancelled a new smart roku tcl tv.  ROKU is getting greedy and screwing their users. I'm also canceling HBO.  Sick of these little wars.

martb40
Level 7

Still No HBO Max

Jump to solution

We, as Roku customers have been waiting 6 months to get access to HBO Max as legacy HBO subscribers, and as such are missing out on Max content that other platform subscribers have been getting since May. It's gone beyond a joke now that Roku is still screwing it's customers while even Amazon appears to have come to some arrangement with AT&T. I'm seriously thinking of just scrapping Roku altogether for a platform that actually values me as a loyal customer. The holidays are coming. Time to buy that cube if I don't hear something positive very soon!!!

Richg1
Level 7

Re: Still No HBO Max

Jump to solution

I have been wrestling with this for several months thinking that I was doing something incorrect.  Now I come to find out that its Roku and HBO in a pissing contest??? Shameful Roku, get it together.

0 Kudos
dwharton
Level 9

Re: Its time for Roku to have HBO Max

Jump to solution

I myself switched to Apple TV. Got tired of waiting.  

0 Kudos
Neil-1
Level 9

Re: Its time for Roku to have HBO Max

Jump to solution

Whatever works is good!  I see so many comments here defending or decrying Roku or HBO.  I don't get the defending part.  WE are the consumers.  If we pay for HBO Max, then we have the right to ask/demand it is on our platform of choice, and if that platform won't supply it, we move on.  Simple basic rule of economics - supply and demand.  Listening to Christopher Nolan complain about day and date movies on HBO Max, calling it a "fledgling online service" is highly disingenuous.  HBO has been around for, what, 50 years?  Acting as if an extension of their brand/service - and for the SAME price (less for me, actually, since I jumped onto the early adopter deal in the spring) - is "new" is just not true.  It's a weird time when added value and bang for the buck are treated as not a good thing!  Have to say, since getting my Fire Stick a week ago, I haven't used my Roku, though it's still hooked up.