Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Please bring HBO MAX to Roku! Irs pretty ridiculous that Amazon had it but you won't. Very disappointed. I'm going to have to switch streaming platforms. Thanks Roku for wasting all my money on your devices and you won't even offer what everyone else does. Horrible situation and worst decision you've ever made.

Level 7

Re: HBO MAX

Jump to solution

I agree 1000%.  This is going to eventually drive customers away.  I wish I only owned a Roku stick or the like, but I own a Roku TV or I'd jump ship. Big mistake.  Roku reveals itself to be more interested in ,obey than its customers.

PeterPan55
Level 7

Re: Its time for Roku to have HBO Max

Jump to solution

I agree.  If Roku can provide HBO & HBO MAX is part of the regular HBO, then what's the problem here?  It makes absolutely no sense that HBO MAX is not available on Roku yet.  Roku - get off your **bleep**!

Level 7

It’s a Pandemic Winter! Give us HBOMAX already!!!!

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous!! Give us an HBOMAX channel! We’re all isolating and bored to death and it’s about to suck even worse. Stop being greedy a-holes and let HBOMAX on your platform!

Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, It would be nice if Roku offered HBO Max, even nicer if HBO Max streamed in 4K, but neither do. However, I have 4K Amazon fire stick plugged into my Roku TV, too. Problem solved. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

How to prepare for arrival of HBO Max if former subscriber

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and originally subscribed to Max in late May to take advantage of their $12/mo. discount.  After one month of no deal with Roku and Max I unsubscribed to Max and sent email to their support complaining about lack of deal after one month.  To my surprise HBO Max refunded my original $12 payment and apologized.  That was good customer service so I am definitely going to resubscribe whenever the real deal happens.

So last week I logged in to my HBO Max account on my computer and found to my surprise that though I was no longer subscribed I could still browse the site with all its content, just can't watch anything.  But I have been able in the last few days to go over I think their entire library of movies, and I've now got a watch list of about 130+ movies, docs, that I really want to see, some I haven't seen, some I have and want to watch again.  Anyway, whenever the deal is struck, I'm set.  If any of you previously subscribed but quit because of no deal like me, you can still log in and browse on computer.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just bought, mounted & set up a ROKU TV. Considering taking it back for another that has HBOMax. 

Level 19

Re: It’s a Pandemic Winter! Give us HBOMAX already!!!!

Jump to solution

Hey HBO!  Why are you not accepting the standard carriage agreement terms that Roku has used for years with other channels?  Quit being so greedy and stop withholding your HBO MAX service from the users of the world's most popular family of streaming devices!

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Level 8

Re: It’s a Pandemic Winter! Give us HBOMAX already!!!!

Jump to solution

I read that It’s Roku holding up negotiations because they want to sell it as a premium channel and HBO wants it to be available the same as HULU or NETFLIX. I get HBO Max as a freebie with my AT&T cell service and I can’t watch it on my TV because I chose ROKU! 

Level 14

Jump to solution

@Chillbill wrote:

Yes, It would be nice if Roku offered HBO Max, even nicer if HBO Max streamed in 4K, but neither do. However, I have 4K Amazon fire stick plugged into my Roku TV, too. Problem solved. 

It is 6 months late, but 4K HDR support is coming with WW84 release on HBO Max on December 25th.

Your Fire TV 4K device should be ready!!

Wonder Woman 1984 will be the first title that HBO Max streams in 4K 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos