Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pottsee3877
Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

We want hbo max.

wandar2u
Level 9

Re: Roku's disrespect for its customers

Jump to solution

I don't see this a ROKU disrespecting customers. This is business and it takes time. Does TiVo charge a subscription fee? I don't get fees and restrictions from ROKU. I also get a lot of content. I don't want to buy another device until the technology improves. I just hook my mac up to the television with an HDMI cable. I can wait this out and my ROKU television works well. I can wait this out, just like I did with the Peacock channel.

Trichash
Level 7

Quit Jerking Us Around With HBO MAX, ROKU

Jump to solution

Stop being greedy and make HBO MAX available to your 43 MILLION+ customers on your platform, ROKU. Enough is enough!

I'm sick of waiting to watch my HBO MAX on my television via my ROKU, I'm sick of the ROKU glitches and ridiculous changes to the ROKU GUI that make finding new channels worth trying a massive pain in the posterior. I am honestly just about ready to simply pitch this old ROKU Ultra and pull the trigger on a shiny brand new Apple TV 4K device that does not have utterly dysfunctional adversarial relationships with major content providers. Get your act together, ROKU!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Quit Jerking Us Around With HBO MAX, ROKU

Jump to solution

Let's see... HBO refuses to accept the same standard carriage terms that other major channels had agreed to with Roku up to that point, and that HBO themselves had agreed to previously for HBO prior to Max.  And Roku is the greedy one?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
tifemac86152
Level 7

How to use HBO MAX on your roku tv

Jump to solution

For any of you semi tech savvy humans you can easily watch your HBO Max on any tv including Roku all you need is the right connectors. I simply use my laptop and hook it up with an HDMI cord or you can screen cast too. No this isnt the same as having the app actually on your tv but whats the use of complaining if a few extra steps will solve the problem. Life is too short enjoy it while you can. Good night all. and your welcome. 

0 Kudos
katyps
Level 7

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

Is there any more news on when Roku will get HBO Max?

0 Kudos
Debnava
Level 7

Re: Why are we paying $14.99 a month to Hulu via Roku for a **bleep** version of HBO Max?

Jump to solution

I don’t get it. We pay what others pay On other Streaming portals For HBO Max but we have a stripped down version of it.  No Raised by Wolves, The Witches or anything new that HBO Max puts out.  Sounds like a Class Action suit needs to be opened because some customers are not getting what they’re paying for. 

DarthDagger
Level 9

Re: Quit Jerking Us Around With HBO MAX, ROKU

Jump to solution

Don’t make excuses for Roku. It’s both HBO and Roku who are to blame, but Roku has more to lose and should compromise. I agree with the original poster. Enough is enough already!!  I have already stopped recommending Roku to friends and family and will not buy another Roku device when the time comes if this isn’t resolved soon. It’s unacceptable that we are going on 5 months of this dispute, I’m basically losing the $15 per month subscription fees because it’s just too much hassle to stream from my phone which I need to use for work and just about everything else. 

0 Kudos
DarthDagger
Level 9

Re: Why are we paying $14.99 a month to Hulu via Roku for a **bleep** version of HBO Max?

Jump to solution

I can’t say this enough, anybody making excuses for Roku regarding this dispute please stop. They must understand it does not matter who is right or wrong, they will lose customers over this. I’ll buy an Apple TV next time I buy a device, and a lot of other people are already doing this. If you want Roku to succeed then don’t sugar coat it, give them a hard time. Think of it like disciplining a child. You must do it for their own good, the Roku devices can and will be replaced by cheaper Android based devices that won’t have this problem and there are plenty of free services that compete with the Roku channel that will make the whole ecosystem obsolete if they keep jerking their customers around. Time to wake up Roku you need to compromise the writing is on the wall and you could swap places with lowly competitors like TiVo who would love to take your customers. 

0 Kudos
DarkMarkFL
Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

I personally want to add voice to my discontent with not having HBO Max as an app on my Roku Ultra. I pay for that premium service and don't like having to jimmy rig my electronics to get it. I am a premium streaming service alpha user with subscriptions to YouTube TV, Disney Max, Hulu, Netflix on top of HBO Max. If Amazon Fire TV gets it before Roku, I'll switch over.

0 Kudos