Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Any update on HBO MAX?

Jump to solution

@Urmomishot wrote:

I feel the exact opposite way. Roku is the one who is making unreasonable demands on HBO for HBOMax app to be included on there Roku platform. Straight up, Roku makes a lot of money on hardware sales, and they're just being  greedy here. I am about a month or two away from buying a new Google Chromecast, and giving up on Roku, whose greed and clear and obvious disregard and lack of caring about their customers' wishes is paramount to my decision. It's a shame because the Roku platform has been pretty good to me, I've owned four of their hardware products over the years, And now they are potentially losing out on 40 years of me as a customer. I guarantee you there are millions of us that feel the same way, that are fed up with Roku's greed, and are going to take our business dollars elsewhere if they don't get their act together. I'm waiting until Black Friday, if Roku doesn't have it resolved by then, I will be moving to Chromecast. You are about to lose a lot of business Roku... Just because tons of people aren't posting on your ridiculously outdated message board, It doesn't mean that your greed and inattentiveness to your customers' needs hasn't gone unnoticed. 


Roku sells hardware.  HBO sells subscriptions.  I pay HBO to watch their programming. HBO is the one withholding content I'm paying for. I absolutely blame HBO.  

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Any update on HBO MAX?

Jump to solution

@cwmagui wrote:

@Urmomishot wrote:

I feel the exact opposite way. Roku is the one who is making unreasonable demands on HBO for HBOMax app to be included on there Roku platform. Straight up, Roku makes a lot of money on hardware sales, and they're just being  greedy here. I am about a month or two away from buying a new Google Chromecast, and giving up on Roku, whose greed and clear and obvious disregard and lack of caring about their customers' wishes is paramount to my decision. It's a shame because the Roku platform has been pretty good to me, I've owned four of their hardware products over the years, And now they are potentially losing out on 40 years of me as a customer. I guarantee you there are millions of us that feel the same way, that are fed up with Roku's greed, and are going to take our business dollars elsewhere if they don't get their act together. I'm waiting until Black Friday, if Roku doesn't have it resolved by then, I will be moving to Chromecast. You are about to lose a lot of business Roku... Just because tons of people aren't posting on your ridiculously outdated message board, It doesn't mean that your greed and inattentiveness to your customers' needs hasn't gone unnoticed. 


Roku sells hardware.  HBO sells subscriptions.  I pay HBO to watch their programming. HBO is the one withholding content I'm paying for. I absolutely blame HBO.  


not really - roku makes their money by selling advertising (and your data to advertisers), and practically gives away their hardware to do so.  at this point, the hardware they provide is just an enabler of this, but that's not the part of the business they really care about. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Any update on HBO MAX?

Jump to solution

I really don't care how roku and HBOMax work out dividing the ad revenues. I haven't willingly watched or listened to an ad in over a decade (I mute them). In fact, if the ad intrudes enough for me to notice it, I add the advertiser to my personal "boycott" list and don't buy their products. And I don't use the "roku channel" app. I just want HBOMax. If I have to switch to another streaming device, I will. I have stayed with roku simply because of familiarity. But that's not enough reason to stay if I can't stream the services I want to watch.

Highlighted
Level 7

It sucks to be charged for HBO content through Roku and not get HBO Max

Jump to solution

Why won’t they provide the HBO Max app to subscribers who already pay for HBO? Max has been out for a while and still no update for Roku customers, why?

Highlighted
Level 18

Re: It sucks to be charged for HBO content through Roku and not get HBO Max

Jump to solution

Why?  Because HBO will not permit HBO Max to be run on Roku unless and until they come to a carriage agreement with Roku.

  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max

Jump to solution

True. I added it to youtubetv, trying to beat the man, but learned just what you stated. Could not get "Raised by Wolves" and any additional content.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

You cannot trust Roku for or with anything. There is a reason this company is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. I could not get them OUT of my bank account and was forced to CANCEL my bank account. Steer clear of Roku for ANYTHNG.

 

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

@Mactheknave wrote:

You cannot trust Roku for or with anything. There is a reason this company is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. I could not get them OUT of my bank account and was forced to CANCEL my bank account. Steer clear of Roku for ANYTHNG.

 


You do realize that companies PAY to be accredited with the BBB, right?  Just because a company isn't accredited, doesn't make them bad....

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Any update on HBO MAX?

Jump to solution

@Poundsand wrote:

@cwmagui wrote:

@Urmomishot wrote:

I feel the exact opposite way. Roku is the one who is making unreasonable demands on HBO for HBOMax app to be included on there Roku platform. Straight up, Roku makes a lot of money on hardware sales, and they're just being  greedy here. I am about a month or two away from buying a new Google Chromecast, and giving up on Roku, whose greed and clear and obvious disregard and lack of caring about their customers' wishes is paramount to my decision. It's a shame because the Roku platform has been pretty good to me, I've owned four of their hardware products over the years, And now they are potentially losing out on 40 years of me as a customer. I guarantee you there are millions of us that feel the same way, that are fed up with Roku's greed, and are going to take our business dollars elsewhere if they don't get their act together. I'm waiting until Black Friday, if Roku doesn't have it resolved by then, I will be moving to Chromecast. You are about to lose a lot of business Roku... Just because tons of people aren't posting on your ridiculously outdated message board, It doesn't mean that your greed and inattentiveness to your customers' needs hasn't gone unnoticed. 


Roku sells hardware.  HBO sells subscriptions.  I pay HBO to watch their programming. HBO is the one withholding content I'm paying for. I absolutely blame HBO.  


not really - roku makes their money by selling advertising (and your data to advertisers), and practically gives away their hardware to do so.  at this point, the hardware they provide is just an enabler of this, but that's not the part of the business they really care about. 


Absolutely Really.  It is HBO I pay for service.  HBO is not providing service I pay for.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

We want hbo max