Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DC Universe

Jump to solution

You are, of course, putting equal pressure on HBO to come to an agreement with Roku, right?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
ScottyD621
Level 7

Re: DC Universe

Jump to solution

More pressure to HBO/WarnerMedia since Peacock will be on Roku. 

0 Kudos
mlovelittlebit
Level 7

when will HBO max be launched?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: when will HBO max be launched?

Jump to solution

@mlovelittlebit wrote:

When HBO and Roku reach a settlement in their carriage agreement negotiations.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
J59
Level 7

When will the att hbo max app be added?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: New apps

Jump to solution

Please don't start a new thread just for this. There's already a half dozen of them. Roku and ATT have not come to an agreement yet. Roku did just make an agreement with NBC for Peacock, so the pressure is now on HBO. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Gskrptr
Level 7

Re: HBO Max add-on subscription through HULU

Jump to solution

Danny can I get an update on the HBO Max issue? I recently upgraded my AT&T account which now includes an HBO Max subscription that I'm not able to use since all my devices are Roku. I cancelled my standard HBO subscription not knowing about the issue ahead of time. 

0 Kudos
kstevens0713
Level 7

HBOMax in the line up?

Jump to solution

Just wondering if ROKU plans to add HBOMAX in the near future?

0 Kudos
chojaB
Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

Can you please advise what is being done to make HBO Max available on Roku?  Is there a timeline?  It would be helpful for those of us who have to make other arrangements.

0 Kudos
D007
Level 8

Still waiting for Roku to add HBO Max

Jump to solution

So back in July I posted "First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible," which spurned quite the online discussion these past 2+ months.

Today, the Roku Forum Moderator closed that thread and marked the topic as being "solved."  However, Roku fails to realize that the topic does not have a "solution" yet as only 50% of that post has been resolved.  While I applaud Roku for reaching a deal to add the Peacock streaming channel to their devices, there is still no deal to add HBO Max to Roku devices.

While Peacock is nice (and cheaper), HBO Max has better overall content (in my opinion, I'm sure some will disagree).  Now I don't want Roku to cave to any outrageous demands made by AT&T, the parent company of WB & HBO, at that would just trickle-down and screw over us, the consumers.

However, I do want to see HBO Max get added to Roku devices soon. In addition to pressuring Roku, I would also encourage everyone to pressure AT&T, WB, and HBO to stop being greedy and strike a deal with Roku.

You can contact HBO Max here: https://help.hbomax.com/Feedback

You can contact AT&T here: https://forums.att.com/categories/hbo-max/5ea34174044204262948ad77

I've started a threat at AT&T as well you can support: https://forums.att.com/conversations/troubleshooting/add-hbo-max-to-roku-devices/5f77e48335f40c384eb...

Tags (5)
0 Kudos