Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku & HBO Max

Jump to solution

Rumor is and take this with grain of salt, is that the top execs that have been replaced in the HBO Max division (8/6/2020) is because they were not working towards the global marketing of HBO Max brand. Take this to mean they were not doing what it took to get buy in with all services to carry HBO Max (including Roku and Amazon Fire). Roku, Amazon and WB (AT&T) all know that the pairing of HBO Max with Roku and Amazon is of benefit to all parties.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! That shines a little light on things. And I will take the salt with that too 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

AT&T should also fire warnermedia CEO Jason Kilar. He fired all of the top MAX execs yesterday, but is ultimately responsible for the MAX debacle. This buffoon spent millions rolling out MAX with no ROKU, Amazon or webOS support, shutting out 80% of consumers. 

Highlighted
Level 7

It's time for ROKU to get back to the basics, the reason all my TV's are Roku connected. Variety and availability. Please get it together and provide (upgrade to) HBO Max in your channel lineup. Peacock is another you should have. Until now, you have carried all the channels, Hulu, Netflix, etc. Why not these.

Frustrated and casting in Maryland

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max

Jump to solution

Come ON, Roku!
You've literally had months to get this sorted.
I was recently delighted to complete the final phase of "cutting the cord" to my cable company when ATT installed fiber optic service in my semi-rural area.
I was thrilled to learn my new ATT service came with a "bonus" of a full year's access to HBO Max.
Not so thrilled to learn my new HBO Max account is useless on my Roku devices, and that HBO Max signin user name and password are useless on the standard HBO service.
I have not only been a loyal Roku user for many years, I have referred a number of friends, urging them to forgo streaming devices from those other providers and stick with the top shelf option—Roku.
Not looking so top shelf now, guys.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If this helps at all... I have HBO through my cable (Suddenlink). I previously logged into the HBO app on mobile & roku with my cable provider login credentials. Fast forward to the new HBOMax... ok I still logged into the iOS apps with my cable provider’s credentials. Great! Looked on Roku, HBOGo app gone. Smiley Sad Found new Roku HBO app— installed it. Here’s what worked for me. On my HBOMax iOS app, in Settings > account info, I had a HBO email address listed. (?!) there was NO password— it asked me if I wanted to add a password. I did. So at this point I have my cable login, but also a HBO login. Once I added a password in the HBO app, I was able to use that HBO email / password on the Roku HBO— it worked!! I also verified this login at the hbonow website. All that to say— if you were somehow previously getting HBOGo, go to hbonow and those login credentials or the mobile HBOMax app login credentials should work on the new Roku HBO app. ..... I don’t know how, but worked for me!! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Dear @Roku,

Boooo!!!! 👎👎

I was a die-hard supporter. I'm on my 3rd roku and have bought several as gifts throughout the holidays. It seems GREED is ruining the initial business model roku stood for.  Dispute everything going on in this pandemic it's redicilious some type of middle ground can't be reached. 

Don't expect your "die-hard fans" to really be die hard. It's just an expression. Stupid.

Guess you'll go the way of Radio Shack. 🤣🤣🤣

After all, it's a consumers market.

Disappointedly yours,

BWlodyka

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I got free HBO Max with my AT&T account and I can't watch it on Roku. Get it together people!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wow, thank you for this! Can confirm this worked for me as well.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Bottom line: Apple TV is an easy enough switch