Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBPabloP
Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

Isn't HBO Now a separate paid for package? That app does exist on Roku, why do you need another way to access HBO?

I pay for HBO through my AT&T wireless account combined with DirecTV. Actually the combination gives me HBO for free as a discount. I can watch HBO through DirecTV, use the DVR to record shows, or use On Demand to stream, but I did occasionally use the HBO Go Netflix app because it was a better interface for searching for HBO movies, and more reliable for streaming (On Demand seems to lag and glitch more).

But I am not able to use HBO Now, as that is a separate HBO account. I'm wondering why you would need HBO Max.

0 Kudos
TRClev
Level 8

Re: HBO Max

Jump to solution

HBO Max has not released an app for ROKU yet.

0 Kudos
Frobozz02
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought a ROKU tv because i didn't want to be "walled  in" to specific content providers. Now, after 2 months,  i still can't get HBO  Max and now no Peacock. If I'd just bought a non-integrated ROKU device i could switch to something else easier. I think ROKU  owes me a refund for my TV's,  not Hisense. This is NOT Hisense' fault.

Who do i call to get my refunds? 

0 Kudos
KazariKid
Level 7

HBO MAX: It takes two to negotiate

Jump to solution

Team Roku:

I would like to watch HBO Max on Roku TV. I long to see John Oliver and "His Dark Materials." "Little Fires Everywhere" and reruns of well, everything

But I can't. Because something about the negotiation (money) isn't going your way.

Now before "cablecutter99" tells me I can get it through Hulu or Google or a contraption he built using his microwave and 14 nails, know that I'm not interested in that. I got Roku TV for a reason, which is simplicity

And before "RokuDanny" or someone else implores me to contact AT&T/HBO customer service, know that I have. I'm ready to switch to Showtime.

But Roku, you have responsibility here, too. And you're not owning it. You're in a negotiation but you're not negotiating. Should AT&T get everything it wants in the deal? No. Should you? No. Frankly, I don't care who gets what. But what is happening now is affecting me and it is irritating.

Get your lawyers together, make them earn their money, and solve this problem. We're in a pandemic, and want to watch HBO through an easy-to-use interface.

It isn't hard. Make decisions and calculations. And do your job for customers.

Dsnay
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree. I guess it’s time to upgrade to Apple TV. They know how to give their customers quality service.

0 Kudos
dt3
Level 7

I was getting HBO go free with my AT&T  subscription , now they changed it to HBO max for free ,why should I have to pay for it on hulu  when its free, so is there a way to sign on with my Derictv 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Level 12

Re: hbo max

Jump to solution

I’m going to hope Roku stops creating issues with that app, because that issue is probably a scam.

~Jordan

0 Kudos
Ang_3
Level 7

I want HBO MAX or I will be switching to a different tv and I will then use Apple TV’s. It’s wasting my time. I have been waiting since the end of May to finally see it on my TV and not my IPhone. It’s like you’re not even thinking about us, the people who make you rich! Can we all just boycott Roku until they make a deal? 

Bored
Level 9

Jump to solution

@SBPabloP wrote:

Isn't HBO Now a separate paid for package? That app does exist on Roku, why do you need another way to access HBO?

I pay for HBO through my AT&T wireless account combined with DirecTV. Actually the combination gives me HBO for free as a discount. I can watch HBO through DirecTV, use the DVR to record shows, or use On Demand to stream, but I did occasionally use the HBO Go Netflix app because it was a better interface for searching for HBO movies, and more reliable for streaming (On Demand seems to lag and glitch more).

But I am not able to use HBO Now, as that is a separate HBO account. I'm wondering why you would need HBO Max.

1) Who records shows?! Are you trying to sell an AT&T product? It sounds like you are. Sock puppet accounts are too obvious. Most of us got Roku because we're *cutting* cords, not looking for new ones.

2) HBO Max has a lot more content. 

[edit] How is saying that it reads like a boomer response violating any of the community guidelines? It literally reads like someone far out of touch with current technology & users. 

0 Kudos
MrSkynyrd
Level 7

Jump to solution

Bored, you must really be bored [post edited], different packages and different content.

0 Kudos