Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: HBO Max?

Jump to solution

Roku's old deal with HBO has an expiration date so, they'd need a new one eventually anyway even without HBO Max. But they need a new one now because HBO Max has a lot of new content from multiple sources, requiring new contract terms. AT&T also plans a lower cost ad-supported version of HBO Max next year and ad placement and ad revenue sharing deals need to be in place for that launch. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

DO NOT RESPOND "Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform."

Jump to solution

Seriously, we know it's not available, that is why everyone is asking about it.  If it's never going to be available just tell your customers that and we'll find something else to use.  All you're doing is burning bridges with your customer base by playing these games.  Will it ever be available? Any ETA? 
#HBOMax

Level 9

HBO Max?

Jump to solution

Why isn't HBO Max on Roku? I was at a friend's and found out about max for the first time. Massively better than what Roku lets me have access to. Does Roku really want me to trash their device and move to Apple? 

I don't see any meaningful response from Roku on this topic.

Level 18

Jump to solution

HBO Max and Roku couldn't come to terms.

This discussion has been mulled over and over you could see that.

Why you felt it necessary to post your own string is beyond me.

Try reading what many others have been posting.

You haven't posted ANYTHING meaningful either.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 9

Lost HBO to prop up Roku Channel?

Jump to solution

I discovered there was a "Roku Channel" due to not being able to get HBO Max since Roku wants get content from HBO for their channel, I just spent about 3 minutes on the Roku channel to see what is there, I am posting to let Roku know that I will NEVER view their channel again on principal, I have a Roku TV 75 inch so I guess I'm stuck there or I would have already throw the doggle away... anyway I won't watch "Roku Channel" if you pay me to. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

"couldn't come to terms" is a way to put it another is that Roku is using the power of its installed base to demand stuff from HBO before it will allow its user to receive the app. The users can solve this problem by reducing the size of Roku's installed base, the same problem has occured with Peacock, it appears Roku has too many customers to care about them.

Level 9

Jump to solution

Also as the post points out in spite of the many threads Roku has not explained their position or made any case for why people should not just replace their device with one that supports an open environment.

Level 9

Jump to solution

Stop being a Roku apologist @boogernose. You read like an AstroTurf shill.

More threads = good, so that everyone thinking about Roku sees it's a problem and stays away. 

Level 7

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous, Roku...make the deal with HBO Max already! I paid a lot for your TV because I felt you were the best option, and I pay a lot each month for Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, Apple TV, Amazon, Showtime and HBO NOW.

The fact that you are holding HBO Max hostage to all of your customers who already subscribe to HBO and bought your products on good faith is petty, frustrating, irresponsible at best and borderline fraudulent at worst, given how much time you spent hyping it up for months. 

I expect a lot out of companies I choose to give my money to. 

Stop disappointing your customers and please make the HBO Max deal!

Thank you for your time. 

Level 7

I’ve been trying to watch “Adventure Time: Distant Lands” on my Roku tv off of HBO Max but it won’t pop up in the search. As a matter of fact no shows pop up in the search. They all show up when I search on other platforms but don’t when I do it on my Roku TV.

0 Kudos