Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBOMAX

Jump to solution

Poor sobs like me actually have an Apple TV - yet pay for their sub through Roku Pay. I'm so stubborn/irritated that I am not going to change anything, though. I will patiently wait.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: HBOMAX

Jump to solution

Apple is having the same issue as CBS, and likely NBC will have.  There is a limit to how many subscriptions people will pay for.  These libraries are not strong enough to get huge subscriptions.  It is mostly people who a huge love for a show and must have it.  Like the CBS subscribers for Star Trek.  Apple does not have a strong library and are trading with ATT to force subscribers and there is going to be a tradeoff with new iPhones in the fall to get Verizon and T-Mobile subscribers to switch to ATT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max

Jump to solution

I have used Roku devices now for probably the last 10-11 years (its seems longer, but not sure that is possible).  Have 6 currently in use in my house, and have retired probably 3 others.

But now my reliance on them is starting to seem questionable.  They started as a fair and reasonable alternative to cable companies, and made cord cutting possible really.   But now it seems as if Roku and Amazon Fire are becoming those same cable companies.

I think time has shown again and again that our delivery mechanisms need to be kept separate from our content providers.  The self-interested conflicts are hurting us.  It seems as if this has all happened because of the Roku Channel and Roku's interest in the subscriptions for content delivery.

Highlighted
Level 12

First HBO Max and now Peacock? Roku, did you forget what you were all about?

Jump to solution

First we're not getting HBO Max, and now we're hearing we may not get Peacock when it launches next week.

What next, Roku? No Hulu? No Netflix?

When is this going to end?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/peacock-without-roku-and-amazon-fire-tv-top-exec-is-ok-wit...

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: First HBO Max and now Peacock? Roku, did you forget what you were all about?

Jump to solution

agreed.  I think i am very quickly on the road to dumping all of my Roku devices.  This company is basically becomes a **bleep** comcast.  Getting very tired of their BS.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: First HBO Max and now Peacock? Roku, did you forget what you were all about?

Jump to solution

While I agree with you.... Even Comcast has Peacock and HBO Max apps.   

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This does seem pretty silly.  Seems like Roku is trying to strong arm ATT and NBC, not giving them similar deals that they gave Netflix and Hulu.  I bought Roku because it seemed to work with everything.  Disappointing.

Highlighted
Level 8

An open letter to Roku Leadership

Jump to solution

When you first launched you were innovative.  You asked customers to cut the cord, to abandon the archaic cable companies and be free to choose.   You set the bar for many others to aspire to.  Then you became stable. .  You were dependable and reliable.  Now, between sub par customer service, defective products and a general ignorance of your customer's request for apps like Peacock and HBO Max, you have become what you aspired to replace.  
As much as I hope, I have no confidence that you will return to your trailblazing origins.    Please, prove me wrong.  Don't release products that you know will overheat, stop challenging your customers when they request to return defective product and come to some agreement with the new entries in the market like HBO and Peacock. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yeah when HBO Max launched without being on Roku or Fire TV I thought it was AT&T being dumb.

Now that it's looking like Peacock is also launching without Roku or Fire TV support I'm starting to realize this is a Roku and Amazon issue.

Still not going to throw out things I've already paid for because that's just stupid, but when they need replacing I won't replace them with Roku products if they're going to continue to keep me from accessing what I want to watch on my tv.

Highlighted
Level 7

no HBOMax

Jump to solution

i have a roku tv,  and 2 other roku devices.  In the future i will no longer be buying anymore Roku products because i can't trust that you will offer the services i want in the future.  No Trust no business.

0 Kudos