Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO Max "We found your account in Roku Pay"

Hi @Eyekhan, we see you're having problems getting logged into your HBO: Max account. This sounds frustrating, but we're here to help! Can you let us know the exact wording of the error message you are getting when attempting to log in?

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

Here is the wording:

"Subscription Found In Roku Play"

To sign in pin more devices please finish creating your HBO Max account.

<button> Create Account

That takes me to a screen to type in my credentials. When I do that,  I get this:

"Can't Create Account"

It looks like that e-mail address already has an HBO Max account. You can try signing in with that email address or use a different one.

<button> OK

I click OK and it just takes me back to the "Subscription Found in Roku Play" screen again.

I've tried resetting, restarting, deleting and adding the app etc. nothing works.

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

@Eyekhan, thanks for getting back to us. It sounds like the HBO: Max is wanting you to finish setting up an account. We see you have mentioned that your HBO: Max account is through Hulu. We were able to find this article on the Hulu support page; https://help.hulu.com/s/article/hbo-max-app. It goes into detail on how to use your Hulu credentials to create and finish setting up HBO: Max account. We hope this information helps. If you are still experiencing problems getting logged in let us know by replying to this post or sending us a message directly.

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

I tried this. There’s nothing that allows me to “sign in with provider” only the screen message I shared with you. The problem seems to be that Roku Pay is overriding my credentials because it’s the same email address. The only option I get on the HBO Max app on my Roku TV is to “create account”

this just started happening after working fine for two years. It has to be an error on the Roku Pay side of things. Because I can log in fine directly through the HBO Max app on my computer and phone.

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

@Eyekhan thanks for clarifying those details. So, when you are going to sign in, it only provides you the option to sign up and no options to log in, correct? If you don't mind can you provide us with a screenshot of what you are seeing on the screen when you open the HBO: Max channel and another of what it looks like onscreen when you attempt to create an account? You are welcome to send those as a private message if you are more comfortable doing so.

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

Just sent you a private message.

0 Kudos

Same problem here!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gloriaschaffer

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos