Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO Max "We found your account in Roku Pay"

I JUST FIXED THIS ISSUE MYSELF!

No thanks to hours on chat & the phone and open tickets with Roku Support, I had to figure this out on my own. I had the same issue with my HBOMax app and somehow was being charged twice for the same subscription through Roku Pay (7 days apart).

Roku Support canceled both subscriptions and refunded me the extra charges since (backdated March 2021) and suggested I purchase a new subscription DIRECTLY through HBO's website - Which I did and still had the error "Subscription found in Roku Pay" immediately after re-adding the channel and opening to the home screen. I could NOT sign out or sign in! Only button was "Create Account" which would kick me back to the error "subscription found in Roku Pay." I also think part of the problem is even though my subscription through ROKU is canceled...It still says I have "access until 11/20/21." I believe this is what makes the system see my subscription as active. *ROKU YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE TECH SUPPORT LOOK INTO THAT AND HAVE THE OPTION TO END ACCESS IMMEDIATELY!*

I realized the email address that was linked to my Roku account, was the same email I used when I  signed up directly through HBOMax.com. Roku could NOT tell the difference. So I figured I just need to change my HBOMax Email address on Hbomax.com & IT WORKED!

HOW TO FIX:

*Not sure if this helped, or not, but first, I logged out of my Roku Device FROM hbomax.com > clicked on my profile > Manage Devices > clicked the small "x" > Sign Out

1.) Go to HBOMax.com and sign in from your phone, computer, or tablet.
2.) Change your HBO Max account email address on hbomax.com

Change your HBOMax email

informationThings to Know

You'll need to verify your email address before you can view or change your account information.

Change your name, email, or password

Here's how to view or change your account info:

1. Do one of the following:
    • Phone or tablet: Open HBO Max, tap the Profile icon (sign in if needed), and then tap the Settings icon (upper-left).
    • Computer: Sign in at HBOMax.com and then choose your profile icon (upper-right corner). Need help signing in?
  2. Choose Account (Account is only available with Adult profiles).
  3. Select the Edit icon next to the field you want to change.
  4. We'll send you an email with a verification code within a few minutes (your account email address appears on the Check Your Email Inbox screen). The subject line of the email is 'Here’s Your One-time Code.'
  5. Open the 'Here’s Your One-time Code' email and find the 6-character code.
  6. Go back to HBO Max, enter the 6-character verification code, and choose Continue. If the code expires, select Get a New Code and try these steps again.
  7. Change your account information and choose Save.
    Note  If you change your email address, we'll send you an email to verify the change. Open this email and choose Verify Email. Then, you should see a 'You're All Set' page. The verification link in the email will expire in 7 days.
note
Email Already in Use?
The email address you entered is being used by another HBO Max or HBO GO account. Please enter a different email address.

3.) Go back to your Roku HBO Max app

4.) If prompted, click "create account" and sign in with your old, previous email address attached to "Roku or Roku Pay"
**Do this in order to "sign in" so you can SIGN OUT of that old, stuck account - right away!

5.) Now, you should be logged into the HBOMax app on your Roku device (under your previous email address). On the left-had side, scroll down to settings (the cog icon). Then scroll all the way to the right and click "Sign Out."

6.) Now you should be at the HBO Max Home screen. Click "Sign In" and enter the Email Address you changed & updated on hbomax.com. Note: It will be the same password unless you also changed the password when you updated your login info on hbomax.com

7.) Enjoy the only FIX, I found to work and watch HBO Max on your ROKU device again!

8.) Double-check your Roku account and keep an eye on it to ensure Roku doesn't charge you for a renewed subscription or a new account. If so, just contact billing support and request they cancel it and refund you immediately.

Smiley Very Happy Hope this helps everyone! @BigBoss8705 @Reetz @Kingseeker @StreamerUser @InsaneTiger May you go forth and be a happy streamer, yet again! #Roku, My invoice is in the mail!Smiley LOL You're welcome. Smiley Very HappyHeart

Matrixraider- You are a GOD AMONG MEN! Thank you SOOOOOO much!!! This FINALLY fixed my problem since the Amazon split! 

I am confirming, the above solution absolutely works.

It is sad that a TV app caused me so much frustration, but with a new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Dune, and the Matrix coming up, access to HBO is a pretty big deal currently. I only wish their App programing we're as good as the content!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
wawot

@matrixraider Thank you so much!!!!  I was going crazy trying to figure it out!!!  Thank you!  THank you!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

I am still unable to "sign out" of HBO Max on my Roku TV. It doesn't even give that option. It just says that there is an account associated with that email. I've done all of your steps. This is driving me mad!

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Eyekhan  Of course you can sign out. Log into HBO Max (pick a profile). Next go to settings. Scroll over to the right in settings and log out. 

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

There is no logout button when I open settings. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Eyekhan  Of course there is. Scroll all the way over to the right. 
7CD47491-9C1B-4332-8C08-CE58F0D2FDA9.jpeg

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

Did all this. The issue is that I am not technically “logged in” because I get the “Create new Account” prompt when I open the app on my Roku TV. When I enter my credentials (that work on every other device) it says my email is recognized but I’m not allowed to log in. Doing your exact steps via settings and there is NO log out functionality anywhere. I can’t even go to my profile, as it just asks to “Create a new account.” I’ve done all the other steps, like restarting, factory reset, deleting the HBO Max app and adding it back on, everything. Nothing works.

the issue likely has to do with a Roku Pay account overriding my HBO MAX via Hulu account. And there is no solve to be found anywhere on the Internet or with customer support.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Eyekhan  Never subscribe through Roku or any other service. If you want HBO Max then sign up at HBO.com. 

0 Kudos
Eyekhan
Channel Surfer

It has worked fine for two years. I need to find a fix for this.

0 Kudos