Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acole
Level 7

HBO Max question

My Samsung TV is older, and does not offer HBO Max for streaming.  I already get HBO through my ATT Uverse account, which I plan on keeping.  Since I already have HBO, I should be able to HBO Max for free.  How can I get HBO Max through Roku, and not have to pay for it since I am already an HBO subscriber?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max question

Hi @acole,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For full information on how to access HBO Max through Roku, you can take a look at this link:

How do I watch HBO Max on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/  

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
acole
Level 7

Thank you for the link.  I still have a question however.

The link says that I enter the email and password credentials for my cable provider.  Exactly where do I enter that information?

Do I enter it as if I'm logging on to Roku?  Do I need to create another Roku account just for the HBO Max?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@acole

Thanks for the follow up.

As @RokuMary-F stated previously, for more information about that channel's functionality and authentication, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos