Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZSteve
Level 7

HBO Max on my iphone or computer using my roku subscription?

I can't find any information on this anywhere so I ask this here - Is there a way to log into the HBO Max app on my Iphone or the HBO Max web page with a subscription paid through Roku? My Roku credentials (email & password) do not work, and Roku isn't listed on their TV or Mobile Provider list. I cannot find any help on the HBO website for this matter. Any info would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: HBO Max on my iphone or computer using my roku subscription?

When you subscribe to a premium channel through a third party like Roku, Prime Video, etc, you typically can only view via that third party' system.  If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel you generally have to subscribe via that channel's web page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
AZSteve
Level 7

Re: HBO Max on my iphone or computer using my roku subscription?

Strange, when I was subscribed to HBO Go or Now, I cant remember which as this point since HBO changes that second word every 6 months, I was subscribed through Roku. I had access to that account across all platforms. It doesn't seem like a good business model to charge the same amount as what it would cost to go straight to the source and then limit the access to only their platform. I guess if this issue isn't answered or resolved quickly I'll be canceling from Roku and making an account directly with HBO.

0 Kudos