Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

HBO Max on Roku Differs From the Website

We've been playing back and forth on this HBO MAx issue for weeks with our primary cable provider Xfinity. They tell us some of the programs on HBO Max that they offer are different than what we find on the HBO Max website.

This seems to be the same case with the Roku link.

We were able to watch a movie the other night - Let Them All Talk - on my laptop, but not through the HBO Max app itself. Same thing with - The Flight Attendant.

So when Roku said it launched HBO Max a little earlier, I went up and looked and it's the same issue. These two shows specifically are on the web version of HBO Max, but are not available on the app available from Roku.

Can someone tell me why that is?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 10

Re: HBO Max on Roku Differs From the Website

Did you update your Roku? You need to in order to upgrade the HBO app to HBO Max. Then, restart your Roku. When the Roku is restarted, the HBO app tile should change from black to purple. The shows should become available once the upgrade is complete. The Flight Attendant is on my HBO Max Roku app. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: HBO Max on Roku Differs From the Website

How do I update my Roku?

0 Kudos