Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanFirm22
Level 7

HBO Max login won't work

I used to just have to stream HBO on my laptop but I just heard they finally have a Roku app. I downloaded it today and tried to connect my account. I sign in on my browser all the time so I know the login but whenever I try to connect my account to the app the login doesn't work and gives me an error code. CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I tried watching something on my brower again and it worked just fine. I just can't login to sync my account to the Roku app. It shouldn't be any different but it is for some reason. I even went and looked at my saved passwords on Google Chrome to double check the login and that saved information was exactly what I was using before to try and log in. 

Can anyone help me figure this out? My account is linked to my AT&T account, not just a straight HBO Max account. 

3 REPLIES 3\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: HBO Max login won't work

https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
BillyW77
Level 7

I had the same problem but with a different TV provider. HBO max on Roku did not sign in using my spectrum TV provider. I did some troubleshooting and figured out a loophole. Go to the device that you’re able to sign into HBO max on. From that device inside the HBO max app, choose settings personal settings and add a password underneath your email address. Save the update. Then go to your Roku and sign in HBO max with the email and password from your HBO max account. Even though your TV or phone provider is paying your bill for HBO max, you will now be able to sign in using your email and password from your HBO max app instead of the TV provider option. 

0 Kudos
Nanner
Level 7

Lol such a lazy support response.

0 Kudos