Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RkuNotWorking1
Level 7

HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

the same exact thing has been happening to me repeatedly. there needs to be direct assistance and not faq's and forums (which read like an online support group) this is a unacceptable business model. I have the Roku Express and it has worked fine for nearly 3 years. If i need to update, I will certaintly do that on the condition that there will be no connection problems and no more channels freezing. as of last week, it has been telling me I am disconnected and I first called my internet provider twice, restarted my router, put in my wifi code etc. etc. this is becoming extemely annoying. there needs to be direct help for this kind of stuff. I would like to speak to a representative. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JimmyCra
Level 8

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

I own three ROKU devices.  Man !  I’ve always thought that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and well worth their cost.  UNTIL RECENTLY . Only one device gets HBO Max w/o a problem. The stick has these freezes and you have to go through that back door method and one won’t even download the HBO app..

—- So I will ask this straight up.

If I buy a new ROKU stick will I be able to get HBO Max , Peacock and Apple TV without a problem ?

0 Kudos
JimmyCra
Level 8

This has been the case since HBO Max first came on ROKU in December.  Customer Service has offered these remedies, but to my knowledge none has consistently worked for anyone.  It’s 7 months now.  It is NOT going to get fixed on these older devices.  If anyone has experience to the contrary please correct me.  I give up.  It just a matter now if I buy a new ROKU or I try out a Firestick.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@JimmyCra wrote:

If I buy a new ROKU stick will I be able to get HBO Max , Peacock and Apple TV without a problem?

All I can say is HBO Max works just fine on all of my Ultra players, my Premiere, my new Express 4K+, and while I haven't tested it in a while it worked fine on my Sharp Roku TV. I have never tried it on my low end Insignia Roku TV, as that one is in the guest bedroom. I've never tried Peacock, and I don't subscribe to Apple TV so can't speak about their offerings. But I can access any of my iTunes purchases through it. But I can get the same access from Movies Anywhere, Vudu, Google Movies and Prime Video (they are all linked through Movies Anywhere), so it's not a channel I use often. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dkingny914
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

I took the advice and let HBOMAX Home Screen load for a few minutes.  I was able to watch my show without freezing up.  

0 Kudos
kazooee
Level 7

Sometimes letting it load for a while works, sometimes it doesn't. It's so hit and miss it's very frustrating, especially paying for a service you can't watch.

0 Kudos
Mimegemy
Level 7

Happens to me too juststarted few days ago.  Tried all solutions here and nothing has worked any new

0 Kudos
aflemi12
Level 7

Hi Danny,

There is no longer an option to remove a channel that you have a subscription to. This means I have to cancel my subscription before I can remove the channel, restart my device, add the channel again, and resubscribe with the hope that HBO Max might not keep crashing? Can you please give back the delete channel option?

0 Kudos
sinley
Level 7

Same thing happening to me, it's been going on for about a week now. Really annoying! Tried restarting, re-installing the channel, etc. No dice.

0 Kudos
sinley
Level 7

I have done all of the things you suggest here and they haven't worked!

0 Kudos