Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cy8erb0b
Level 8

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

@wcjones22 wrote:

I am having the same issue, keeps freezing and can't watch anything.

what version are you running, and if 10.0.0 have you tired to enter secret menu to downgrade

See my post here about updates and downgrading 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Problem-update-23-3-21-Apps-not-loading-ver-1...

0 Kudos
altersheim
Level 7

Jump to solution

nope, I have been trying for 2 weeks to load HBOMAX. I want my money back

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@altersheim What model Roku do you have? I have no issues with Max on all of my Ultras, the Premiere and the Sharp Roku TV. With the Ultra 4800 I have no issues with Dolby Vision and Atmos as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @altersheim,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
phytotech
Level 8

Jump to solution

Previously, the suggested routine worked, but not since the end of March HBO Max update, at least on my system. I am in contact with HBO Max and finally got the complaint elevated to someone who is involved with the programming end. Hopefully, they will fix it soon. For me it was not so much an inability to watch the HBO shows as it was for their movies with 4K, HDF, Dolby-Atmos. They start up, the screen goes black, then I'm back looking at the startup screen--the movie never starts.

0 Kudos
DimeTVView
Level 9

Jump to solution

All of a sudden today for the first time, I cannot watch any content on HBO Max. I don't expect it to be resolved by HBO or Roku. All other devices work. Perhaps time to just buy another Google TV...

0 Kudos
jmmckdmd16
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

I use two of the Roku 2710X for HBOMAX

Tried to uninstall, then reinstall app - did not work. Tried signing out devices - worked for a day or two. I always have issues with the screen loading. The app will open and give me a black screen with the menu on the side. Afterwards, it will go back to the roku home. I've watch hbomax on the roku about 10 or fewer times since I added it, all due to crashing.

0 Kudos
JSpoon129
Level 8

Jump to solution

The same story with me. The ONLY thing that's worked for me is to search for the title of what I want to watch  in Roku Search in the main menu. Select the title in "HBOMax" and you'll be directed to enter ID and password then the movie plays. After the first time, now the movie starts to play without my entering my ID and password. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jmmckdmd16

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, did you make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to HBO Max directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the HBO Max channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kazooee
Level 7

Jump to solution

Last post regarding problems with HBO Max appears to be one week ago. I have also done all of the things Roku is recommending to no avail. I am just about ready to cancel my HBO Max and if I do I will also cancel my Roku account. HBO Max is the only content I use Roku for.

Is anything being done to correct this problem? I can get into the HBO channel but as soon as I try to select anything I'm kicked out back to the Roku home screen. I used to be able to get it to work sometimes but now it won't work at all.

0 Kudos