Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyLA
Level 8

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

Sorry, this is too much, and in particular I’m worried about screwing up HBO Max on my other devices when it’s working fine on them. Seems like the simplest solution is to ditch Roku and find a company that cares and doesn’t just say “it’s HBO’s problem, not Roku‘s”.

MartyLA
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  — You’ve got to be joking. Roku has thousands of subscribers who all have the same problem with HBO Max and you’re telling each one of us to go to HBO Max and overload their customer support system? If so many Roku subscribers have the same problem with HBO Max, then Roku needs to solve it for us. As I write this, it is 3 months after you were notified about this problem and it still persists. Nothing personal, but I’m ready to say F— Roku and ditch it for a streaming service that cares about its subscribers. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT THE EMAIL I USED TO REGISTER WITH ROKU. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Marty, it is HBO's problem. I use Max on two different Roku devices daily without an issue. For whatever reason, HBO has poor developers for their Roku channel. But it's bad on Android devices as well, as I have a Shield that have far more issues than my Rokus. That's why it's a HBO issue. It happens on multiple platforms, not just one. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TheKdd
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue, although it lets me load a movie, crashes in the beginning and reboots the television. (TCL Roku TV.)

I have two other Roku boxes in the other rooms that it works on (a bit slow and clunky loading but works) just the TV doesn’t like it. Please fix and yes, I also complained to HBO.

Both you and HBO just tennis match the problem back to one another. (Not our problem, Roku’s problem. Not our problem, HBOs problem.) In the meantime the consumer is the loser.

Cy8erb0b
Level 8

Jump to solution

@TheKdd wrote:

Same issue, although it lets me load a movie, crashes in the beginning and reboots the television. (TCL Roku TV.)

I have two other Roku boxes in the other rooms that it works on (a bit slow and clunky loading but works) just the TV doesn’t like it. Please fix and yes, I also complained to HBO.

Both you and HBO just tennis match the problem back to one another. (Not our problem, Roku’s problem. Not our problem, HBOs problem.) In the meantime the consumer is the loser.

not a good look for roku, same issue happening again now affecting apps. and it really is there problem, sent an update out that sent my roku dumb to my apps, had to downgrade from v 10.0.0 to ver 9.4 using a secret hidden menu,

homedad
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. I watched about 15 minutes of Godzilla vs. Kong and it just froze. I pressed home and reloaded everything and it just keeps freezing up. My wife tried watching the Bee Gees documentary about a month ago on the Roku stick and it did the same so I had to connect the Roku XD and it worked fine. I assumed it was the cheap stick so I purchased this Ultra 2020 and I get this. I closed the HBO Max app and went to Amazon Prime Video app and everything works fine, same with Netflix. Its just the HBO MAX app.

0 Kudos
rmnbsk
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

its happening with me too. may be there some glitches going on.

0 Kudos
rmnbsk
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

its happening with me too. I think there is some glitches going on.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

There could be a variety of reasons/factors that could be causing the issue you are experiencing. We will do our best to see what is causing the issue.

First off, we would recommend to try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
wcjones22
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, keeps freezing and can't watch anything.