Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

Update from my last post.  I haven't had a crash back to the home screen in a week at least, maybe longer, knock on wood.  I assume the updates I've noticed on their app (two I know of) in recent days/weeks addressed that problem.  So hopefully everyone else is seeing improvement in that area too.  2019 Roku TV 55R625.

0 Kudos

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

I’ve literally tried everything everyone had suggested and it still doesn’t work. I have contacted hbo max through the link you provided and there is no way to chat about this issue - it’s not an option you can select.

Level 7

Jump to solution

I followed the link you supplied to HBO Max and they had me fixed up in no time, had to search an HBO show from the Roku side and it prompted the log in screen, finally. I entered the code at HBO and it added our player. 
Thanks for the link!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku 2K device (v 9.4) continues to work with HBOMax only when I go in from a Roku search on a known HBOMax show title.  And when I watch a show from searching the title on the Roku search, HBOMax doesn't remember where I left off so I have to scroll through all the episodes to get back to my place.   This is clearly not a long term solution.

This weekend I even tried again to go through all the steps to remove HBOMax and add it back.  I also checked for Roku updates and do a reset.  I did notice that there were HBOMax updates that ran, however that didn't seem to address the main issue of this thread.  Nothing worked to get it to stop timing out from the HBOMax main screen.  It never finishes loading before it kicks me back to the Roku main screen.  

0 Kudos
Level 7

HBOmax on TV crashed all the time since I signed up Christmas

Jump to solution

New service, never had HBO:

HBOmax on TV crashed all the time since I signed up Christmas

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: HBOmax on TV crashed all the time since I signed up Christmas

Jump to solution

What model Roku do you have? Not name, Roku model number. I'm watching Max right now on my 4800 without a problem.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos