Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supplex55
Level 8

Re: Back door method

Jump to solution

tried again, using the "search backdoor method"--and it took me to a sign-in screen where i was able to access the channel.  It's a pain, but will do until an update is forthcoming from either HBO/Max or Roku. Thank you to all who shared their experiences to educate the rest of us---Merry Christmas!!

0 Kudos
Wisegirl
Level 8

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

I got HBOMAX to work on Roku by bypassing the app's home screen.  From the Roku home screen, go to search.  Search for the HBO show you want to watch, select it, then select to watch on HBOMAX.  Select the profile, and it will take you directly to the show you selected in the search.

0 Kudos
Bertly
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Danny

I have tried the following things and am still having issues with HBO Max Freezing and going back to the Home Page on my Roku Stick 3500x

1) Checked OS Version for 9.4 

2) Removed the channel

3) removed the channel and completed system restart 

4) Removed the channel, signed out of all devices through HBO Max and completed system restart 

5)Removed the channel, signed out of all devices through HBO Max, restarted the wireless modem, completed system restart.

0 Kudos
Wisegirl
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got HBOMAX to work on Roku by bypassing the app's home screen.  From the Roku home screen, go to search.  Search for the HBO show you want to watch, select it, then select to watch on HBOMAX.  Select the profile, and it will take you directly to the show you selected in the search.

0 Kudos
JobsM
Level 9

Jump to solution

@JWnola so far I've been contacted each day by a new person:  Lexi from "Customer Support"~Cheyenne from the "Specialized Support Team"~Kris from the "Advanced Support Team." I'm not a gamer but this must be what it feels like to get to a higher level however,  I'm not getting any thrill out of this! All have asked me to reiterate the issue~what part of after I click on my icon on the "who's watching" screen and the  HBO Max home screen starts to load it freezes and boots me back to the Roku Home page is hard to understand? My last new friend, Kris, even asked for screen shots so I did a picture book in chronological order. I even did one of your workaround. This morning no email from anyone (game over :-) and I did my "new morning ritual":  check to see if there's an update to Roku or the HBO Max app (none), check to see if the app is now working properly (no), making sure your workaround still works (yes, phew). I'll keep the group updated if there's any changes. I do have a new Roku in the drawer but I'm digging my heels in! If all the other apps stream and your workaround works they should be able to rectify this issue. Plus, it seems like other newer Roku models are having the same issues. Game Over!!!

GoHawks
Level 9

Jump to solution

EVERYBODY who has issues with HBO Max not working properly (if at all) on Roku please write HBO and Roku let them know. Open a support ticket and let them know there are many of us. Write them on Twitter and use the chat also and lets get this fixed.

I am tired of it logging me out and it going to the home screen. The log in part I cannot even type it sometimes and it'll freeze ... sigh.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend continuing to try to access the channel.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to HBO Max support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the HBO Max channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

wander73
Level 9

Jump to solution

agreed with the answer.   Def reset the roku,   unplug and then restart and go from there.  this chat forum is awesome.  

0 Kudos
PeteCharles
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny, I just sent a detailed email to HBO Max via your link.  But this forum has been very valuable in letting me know that the problem is the Max app itself, not something with my TV or Roku system.

GoHawks
Level 9

Jump to solution

Everyone who is still having these issues with HBO Max and Roku PLEASE write them and let them know what the issue or issues are, your Roku model number and system number you are on, and what version of HBO you are on.

We need them to be understanding this is a major issue and that they have to get this corrected for all of us and please demand we are credited for the lost days that we are unable to use the service which we are paying for.

We need numbers to show them this is a bigger deal than just a handful of us.