Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kddosu1
Level 7

HBO Max email already in use?

Jump to solution

You say you have support but there is not a phone number to call for support anywhere. Downloaded HBOMax but when I try to sign in it keeps telling me my email is already being used and there is no way to sign in through Roku....at least they could have someone on a chat but no chat...nothing...

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max email already in use?

Jump to solution

@kddosu1 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account information, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hbo max sign in

Jump to solution

@Cdorman7

Thanks for the post.

HBO on The Roku Channel is no longer available. Your previous subscription to HBO on The Roku Channel will migrate and be upgraded to an HBO Max subscription at no additional cost to you.

You will need to install the HBO Max channel on your Roku device. Once you select a title to begin streaming, your existing Roku subscription will be automatically recognized, and you will be asked to create an HBO Max login. Your HBO Max subscription will continue to renew on your existing billing date. 

Click here for FAQs on how to watch HBO Max on your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@albsure04 @Robertwell 

Thanks for the post.

You will need to create a new email that you have not previously used. If you do not have another email to use, you will need to contact HBO Max support for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
23 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kddosu1 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account information, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Cdorman7
Level 8

Jump to solution

That reply is of absolutely zero help to your customer. I just ran into the same problem and there is no clear answer online. at the end of the day we are trying to access HBO Max from your platform. there is no way to sign in from your platform.

Roku is relevant at the moment but with customer service like this you may find yourself going the way of Time Warner Cable and every other service provider. All it takes is one good competitor and your company is irrelevant. Just ask the guys from spectrum who are walking up and down my street right now begging for customers.

Cdorman7
Level 8

Hbo max sign in

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to actually sign in and use HBO Max? I was subscribed to HBO on Roku and today it converted to HBO Max. now I'm prompted to sign in with my email and password but I get an error message saying that the email is already in use. I no longer have access to content that I am subscribed to and have already paid for in advance. 

I tried HBO Max support but have received zero response. My only option at this point would seem to be to cancel my subscription.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Cdorman7

Thanks for the post.

HBO on The Roku Channel is no longer available. Your previous subscription to HBO on The Roku Channel will migrate and be upgraded to an HBO Max subscription at no additional cost to you.

You will need to install the HBO Max channel on your Roku device. Once you select a title to begin streaming, your existing Roku subscription will be automatically recognized, and you will be asked to create an HBO Max login. Your HBO Max subscription will continue to renew on your existing billing date. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Greg131
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's zero help, I went to create the password and it won't let me.

It says Email already in use. Please go back and choose Sign in or enter another email.

Except there is no other sign in page. 

0 Kudos
Cdorman7
Level 8

Jump to solution

That does nothing to resolve the issue. You guys did not build in the option to sign in automatically or manually upon the conversion to HBO Max. Do you understand? Your IT department literally forgot to automatically sign people in or provide a sign in option.

If you check my account you will see that I just canceled my HBOMax subscription. I encourage others to do the same. I saved 15 bucks and enjoyed a nice walk outside tonight.

Greg131
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku support doesn't have the first clue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gijoe
Level 7

Jump to solution

HBO sent me to Roku, Roku is sending my to HBO.  Since the transition to HBO Max on Feb. 26th, I cannot log in.  It says my account is already in use, there is no "sign in" option, and I there is no option to "remove channel".  I have done a full reset of my Roku stick, and still cannot get it.  

What's the fix?

Tags (1)