Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

The HBO Max you get through any other service is not HBO max. It's HBO now. Notice shows like friends and south park aren't there. None of the max exclusive content is there. Congrats you played yourself.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sure you can sign up for HBO Max via hulu. But you don't get any of the exclusive max content. It's essentially just hbo now. Congrats you played yourself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

You can only access the HBO content on a roku even in Hulu. The additional content still requires the HBO Max app to access. The HBO Max app is still not available on roku but can be side loaded to a fire tv device.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought hbo max on Hulu and can only access hbo stuff. There’s absolutely nothing on the Hulu HBO max channel that isn’t on hbo now/go

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

1 more time for those in the back. HBO Max content is tied to and only accessible through the HBO Max app. On any platform. So even if you subscribe through Hulu or YouTube TV or any other way if your device doesn’t have the HBO Max app you can’t watch the content that requires the app. You are limited to HBO content only.

Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

HBO MAX is on YoutubeTV now which has a freebie offer right now.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes I subscribe to HBO MAX through YouTube TV and guess what? The HBO MAX content doesn’t integrate into the youtube environment. YOU NEED THE APP. Or you can use your provider credentials at hbomax.com.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have HBO Max free with my AT&T Fiber service.  The problem is Hulu wants to charge for your subscription through their service, so if you're an existing subscriber you can't use it on a different service provider.  You would have to subscribe to it through Hulu, then take advantage of it through the Hulu channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, I don't Roku can stand proud for being so slow to bring a major content provider to its users. I would expect better from Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Do you work for HBO?