Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

I'm very annoyed at hbo also but for now I'm going just use HBO now until the issues fixed (if it's ever fixed) I can mirror hbo max to my tv if I want but to be honest there isn't a lot of content on there I am in hurry to view. Looking on the hbo max app they left out so much of the warner bros library it's kind of disappointing. Now If they actually had 4k content I might be more eager to get it on my roku.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I dont know why u guys tripping about  HBOMAX  NOT on 4K yet either  & plus added bunch old movies & sitcoms we already saw it many times in pass years or decade  ..i did singed up  for $12 a month ..didn't know gonna happen like this with ROKU & AMAZON ..just deal with HBONOW  till APP gonna available on Roku, i am pretty  sure gonna be soon  , because AT&T loosing a lots money every month ..NOT having HBOMAX  in the most  POPLAR devices in the world... i am pretty  sure they working on it as we speak, i guess just be Patient for sometimes!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

It would be nice to have 4k content since there are a lot of newer movies like joker and the DC universe. HBO max is double the price of netflix so ya I kind would like some 4k content. If your going to make a new streaming service make it better then the hbo one you already got. We spend all this money on 4k tv and 4k roku boxes but yet Netflix is the only service giving us any content to watch with them. As for the deal I dont think it will happen anytime soon. I think they would of made a deal by now if it was going to happen. At&t is what is messing everything up, they been feuding with roku forever. They pulled their own apps from roku back in december. 6 months later and  they still have not worked anything out because both companies are trying to prove their **bleep** is bigger then the other.  They don't care about the customers they are screwing one bit.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Amazon Prime has quite a bit of 4K HDR content.  It looks great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

But you don't get all of the content that HBO Max actually provides in its original app you got to have Hulu live TV to be able to watch stuff like the Looney Tunes and a bunch of other stuff so Hulu is actually ripping you off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please tell me how! Lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Didn’t work for me. The max content is blocked out and I’m charged 14.99 a month for hbo. No thank you. Something tells me this was written by a bot or someone paid. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can only access it on my Roku if I pay for the subscription. But I already HAVE a subscription (via parent's cable log in info, lol) and they already pay for HBO and I was able to sign into HBO Max on the computer. The fact that they are just pulling it from Roku is just stupid. They're not gonna get me with a double payment. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried HBOMax on Hulu and couldn’t access some of the content offered through HBOMax (Harry Potter, Studio Ghibli, etc). Has this changed to now include all content? I was really disappointed to find out HBOMax isn’t available on Roku, especially after I had already subscribed. Then I tried switching to Hulu and couldn’t get the content I was looking for. Has anyone else come across this?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you cannot access all of the HBO Max content through the Hulu HBO Max add on.  For example, Friends and BBT are only accessible through the Max app.  I would expect this to eventually change but for now you're limited to the original HBO content through Hulu.

0 Kudos