Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

No you can not. Please quit saying that

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

Jump to solution

I didnt the same thing for $11.95 & have ROKU for few years now & loving it , BUT still using my HBONOW....HBOMAX is just got bunch  the old movies &  sitcom's we already saw years ago or  when we grew up  NOTHING really new yet & no 4K either as u  saying  ...so i keep it going with HBONOW on ROKU   such as having that for couple years ^ paying $12 instead $15...till HBO get their Sh**t together with AMAZON & ROKU then i changed it up ...in mean time happy with my  good ole HBOWNOW   

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Via hulu you only get the HBO content- not all the “extra” stuff they added to the catalog via licensing. Not a true workaround. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 4 ROKU TVs and I can get MAX through Direct TV.  Unless you did not catch Harry Potter, Friends or the Sopranos 10 years ago or through Netflix.. this app offers nothing new.

Highlighted

Jump to solution
You’d be missing their “maxx originals” now and future, as well as anything in the new licensed content that may be of interest.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Go to this site for workarounds to mirror HBO Max from your phone or laptop into Roku.  There is no other way to get the full HBO Max programming until the 2 companies come to an agreement - which won't be anytime soon.  The subscribers always get screwed.  

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-get-hbo-max-on-roku-watch-mirror-cast/

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do you have to have Hulu live to be able to get hbo max? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

My TV has Roku built in. I'm not throwing away my TV.

I like my roku too and have one for the Phillips tv in the living room. But here's the thing.  I have hbomax but I don't pay for hbomax so there's no way on this planet I'm going to dump roku for something I'm not even paying for.  I have AT&T Fiber 1000 so it's included.  No, it won't let me log in via any app that exists on the roku.  I have to log in with my AT&T account and Hulu and YouTubeTV (which I have) both reject it.

So I solved the issue too.  See, the way I figure it, I pay a good amount for a bunch of services. My locals are through YouTubeTV, I watch some stuff on Hulu or Prime and also NetFlix. Including internet, I pay over $100 a month. I solved the issue by simply getting a $30 chromecast for the TV and if I need it bad enough in the living room, I'll spend another for that tv too.  One-time.

Even if you're paying monthly for HBOMax, Chromecasts are cheap and they're completely worth it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Got the androidtv version of HBO max to sideload on FireTV. Controller works as long as get android tv version and not phone version. Up and running. Still annoyed with roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree. I have been a long time subscriber of HBO and it is totally unfair that I am disappointed that I can not view the new content. I’m going to unsubscribe after many years of being a long time HBO fan. I’ll subscribe to Showtime until the issue is resolved. 

0 Kudos