Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

@MrsSimons wrote:

If I'm mistaken, please provide clear steps to access ALL of the HBO Max content via Roku.

The original poster has done a disservice to everyone who has read this thread. You CAN NOT access the Max content that is on HBO Max on a Roku device. Yes, you can subscribe to it through your HULU account. Log in from a web browser with your HULU credentials and you will see all of HBO Max content. Access HBO through your HULU account on a Roku device and all you will get is the HBO linear channel content (Westworld, Game of Thrones, etc.) You will not find the Max content (Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Looney Tunes, etc.) on a Roku device through HULU. The only way to view Max content is to install the standalone HBO Max app, which is not available on Roku while they still negotiate revenue sharing terms.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unfortunately not all Hulu plans will allow that. I have Spotify with free Hulu and no add ons allowed. None, not just HBO Max. Roku and HBO need to work together not expecting their customers to find their own workarounds. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same price? Show me a link to where I can get HBO Max for $11.99/month through Hulu... You can't, so you're wrong. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HBO Max is available via Hulu on Roku but NOT ALL HBO MAX CHANNELS.  I guarantee you cannot watch FRIENDS or other HBO Max channels on Hulu via Roku.  It's limited.  I believe it's the same content as HBO Now.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
So what,  U CAN DO IT throw  UTUBE TV  for a month now, i don't wanna go throw providers, that's why i CUT THE CORD for,    BUT gonna wait till ROKU brings the APP in ...i am sure gonna be very soon!   
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Sadly I doubt a deal will be made anytime soon, roku has been feuding with at&t since the beginning of January. at&t pulled their TV app from roku and 5 months later they still have not made a deal. I have a feeling this will be no different. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am looking to view the studio ghibli collection on HBO Max. 

I do not see that when I add HBO Max to Hulu. 

Any solutions / suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@chattersubho you might only be able to watch it in the HBO max app on your phone, tablet, web browser. If you have hbo max on hulu I think you're able to use the hbo max app too. The only way to get it to your tv is to mirror it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is not a good solution and weirdly hostile for a product help group. 

1. Not all HBO Max content is available through Hulu.

2. Some of us already have (and want) HBO through our cable provider so it's not really a solution for that situation.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I am not sure pay 33 a month for a 15 a month service is my idea of a work around. I can do without until they get it sorted