Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

Whoever said add it to Hulu was wrong! It still doesn’t work as hbo max on Roku. Thanks for your false arrogant info

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

If you go through the comments people have stated several times you cant get all the content from HBO max on hulu. Why people are still purchasing it is just crazy. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got it on my tv by connecting a Chromecast to the hdmi port and downloading the HBOMax app on my cell phone and then you can “cast” it/see it on your tv. I don’t have a Roku tv though

Tags (4)
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

I think HBO MAX should be blocked from working because its a waste of bandwidth and people that watch it are weirdo's.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It’s the only place to stream Doctor Who now. That’s probably all it really has going for it so far.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This only works for Android. It does not work for iPhone and I’m yet to find a good free app to mirror iPhone screen to Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tell me more...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

I think HBO MAX should be blocked from working because its a waste of bandwidth and people that watch it are weirdo's.

**bleep** you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

Jump to solution

You must be new to Roku, which is fine.  Clearly, if you are willing to trade the best streaming UI interface for some Android TV UI experience, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the sloppy and haphazard UI experience of the HBOMax app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max issue SOLVED!!!!

Jump to solution

@clfelectro wrote:

Roku won't carry the HBO Max app even though ATT has it ready to go.  Roku being greedy it seems and messing up my streaming.

Solution is so easy!  Don't buy Roku. Throw away if you have one. Get Android TV and install whatever you want from Google Play store.  Problem solved. Free your streaming from the tyranny of Roku!

You must be new to Roku, which is fine.  Clearly, if you are willing to trade the best streaming UI interface for some Android TV UI experience, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the sloppy and haphazard UI experience of the HBOMax app