Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

Jump to solution

if you have HULU add it to your plan and you dont have to dump your Roku, you can access HBO max for the same price through the website or HULU. Just saying look for a work around before you throw something away just because you can't find or fix the problem immediately! I i have the disney+ Hulu ESPN + no add subscription and HBO Max on my Roku all because I have HULU I was able to watch all of the above and not have to buy a new device! I pay $33.00 all together for all 4 streaming services 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU on Hulu

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform.

For more information visit www.hbomax.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com. To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

373 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: HBO Max can be accessed on your ROKU

Jump to solution

Hulu with HBO Max

Add HBO Max to get access to all of HBO including hits like Game of Thrones, Westworld, Last Week Tonight and movies like the Joker and Crazy Rich Asians. In addition, you’ll have access to classic TV favorites like Friends and The Big Bang Theory, plus new Max Originals like Love Life. HBO content available via Hulu. Additional content only available via HBO Max app.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Also, if you have HBO Max via some other means (like being an AT&T Fiber customer) you cannot access HBO through Hulu, Youtube TV, or Prime. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I would suggest that people be patient and wait for Warner and Roku to work things out. I read that they are close to a deal. Why limit your connection to Hulu or subscribe to it just to get Max? My humble opinion. Of course I am not an impatient young person who needs everything right now--though I remember those days! Also, if you have Amazon Fire TV you can get HBO Max using the Android app. Check out TechHive for details. I did it and have Max on Fire TV. It's all legal, and involves changing Fire settings to permit "unknown" apps (i.e. "Android" apps), then using the Downloader app to DL the Android HBO Max app.  Here's the URL: https://tinyurl.com/y7nrzmo7. This is real. If you don't trust my link, just google "how to get hbo max on amazon fire tv right now."

Jeff
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I subscribe to Youtube TV and of course I use a Roku to access it. HBO Max is available as a premium subscription which gives you access to the Library that is set for HBO Max which includes plenty of Warner Media that is not available to HBO Now subscribers. The one big downside is that you will access via the Youtube TV interface which is very good but probably not as good or the same as the actual app for HBO Max. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I would dump HBO before I dumped my Roku.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

actually you can only get HBO through Hulu it has HBO Max but you cannot get the extra content unless you access HBO Max through the app which if you have a Roku TV you have to get the app from Roku it doesn't exist. So currently if you subscribe to HBO Max through Hulu you can only get the movies not the extra content but you can watch HBO Max on the internet on your computer or your phone

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The problem is HBO MaX on hulu is limited access, you DO qualify for HBO MAX if its added but in order to watch original series like Love Life or Friends all of the fun new stuff you DO have to download the Max app and sign in thru Hulu

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Android hbo max app, roku smart tv, casting..... great work around while waiting for app for roku

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can you please explain a little more clearly? I’m not sure I understand. I have Hulu on my Roku Ultra. So do I sign up for HBO max on My Hulu app? Do you watch hbo max through Hulu or download an app? 

0 Kudos