Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhisim
Level 7

HBO Max bought through Roku account want to play on Firestick

Jump to solution

I bought HBO Max through my Roku account and it's listed in my subscriptions. I'm at my daughter's house and we want to watch through her Firestick. The HBO Max page says we are all set when I go through the verification process but then cycles back to "Purchase Subscription" and "Restore Subscription". Restore says it can't do it. I don't mind deleting the subscription if needed and buying it straight from HBO.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Max bought through Roku account want to play on Firestick

Jump to solution

@nhisim 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if you subscribe to a channel through Roku, you will only be able to access that channel and its content through Roku devices. However, if you subscribe to the channel through the channel provider directly, you will be able to access that channel and its content on any streaming device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
andyross
Level 16

Jump to solution

Avoid buying subscriptions through a 3rd party, especially if you want to use it on multiple devices from different manufacturers. If you subscribe directly, 100% of your money goes to the service, and there may be less snooping by the manufacturer on your usage.

0 Kudos
copyleft
Level 9

Jump to solution

Lol we had an outage last night of hbomax...i got it down to roku not passing our credentials on to hbomax.

once i tweeted roku support it suddenly came back.

so they never monitor this BBS and I’m guessing ill be subscribing right at the source nexttime and using my login info EVERYWHERE. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@nhisim 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if you subscribe to a channel through Roku, you will only be able to access that channel and its content through Roku devices. However, if you subscribe to the channel through the channel provider directly, you will be able to access that channel and its content on any streaming device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos