Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtgostars
Level 9

HBO Max Confusion

I found the HBO Max channel but my system says I already have it installed and when I go to the channel it takes me to the HBO Go content channel.

Roku/HBO need to make some sort of helpful statement as to how this is actually is going to be implemented in Roku. If we already have the HBO Go channel does it automatically merge with HBO Max? Or is there going to be two separate channels?

I know this is what they did with the mobile app, when I downloaded HBO Max app it replaced my HBO Now app and it also removed my watchlist, previously watched shows/movies, etc. I basically had to start all over. I hope this wont be the case with HBO Max on Roku

0 Kudos
Vdc1982
Level 9

Re: It’s a Pandemic Winter! Give us HBOMAX already!!!!

It should be available today 12-17-20

Vdc1982
Level 9

Re: Get HBO Max to us

Should be available today 12-17-20. Try using the search feature. Uninstall old HBO app first 

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

@Ecomommy321 wrote:

It's Thursday and there's no hbo max as we were promised!! 

It is available. It takes some time to get it updated on the Roku servers and available to all devices. It doesn't happen at 1 minute after midnight. It became available around 8:30 AM in my area and three (3) TCL Roku TV's are now updated with HBO Max app. 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K Max
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K Max
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K Max
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K Max
Rokotor
Level 7

Re: It’s a Pandemic Winter! Give us HBOMAX already!!!!

This is awesome news.

Now if Roku could integrate some kind of watch list (oh and also, being able to control volume thru an amp/receiver) I could totally see ditching the TiVo

Really glad, thanx

0 Kudos
Myersta
Level 9

It's still Thursday. Give it some time.

Myersta
Level 9

My Roku HBO app was just updated to HBOMAX.

Chris15
Level 7

HBO max

Not seeing it on my roku anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Re: HBO max

HBO does not have a detailed device listing as to what Roku devices are supported. It may end up being similar to Peacock, where only newer devices are supported. I can note that my Roku 4 and 3900 Express do support it (I don't have a subscription, but was just checking.)

0 Kudos
mmoroney
Level 7

Re: HBO max

Yes. The old HBO is once more available. When I go through "New and Notable" channels, I see HBO Max. It says go to channel. I assume this means it's already installed. It takes me to the old HBO and HBO Max content is not available. (The Fight Attendant e.g.)

I can get HBO Max in my iPad, so I know have a valid subscription. Is there any way to contact Roku, rather than talking to each other on this board?

0 Kudos