Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarthDagger
Level 9

Re: Roku forcing credit card for HBO MAX... but I am already a subscriber

Jump to solution

@billyS try watching a movie, it will ask you to sign up or sign in 👍

Madlenka8
Level 9

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

Hey there @Jahoolie333 thanks for the deets but your HBO max app has way more options to choose from in ‘circle’ icon (looks like a person to meSmiley Happy than in my app.
When I click that icon I am offered only the following:

CCaptions

Help

Don Not Sell...

Privacy & Terms

Info

So not only can none of us get clarity on how to login to this bleepin app, but we all aren’t offered the same content in it and I scrolled left and right till I couldn’t. No sign in/out for me after info. ???? My issue remains that the only option for a tv provider I have to choose in order to login to this app is AT&T and my HBO Max subscription is through ATT TV Now (their internet tv service) I asked in an earlier post if this was #ROKU, #HBO or #AT&T’s fault but it’s #HBO’s app. They or #ATT, or together in some joined up scheme are clearly not offering all possible login options for their current subscribers across platforms in which an HBO Max subscription is available. Looks like they are trying to get people to resubscribe so they can cash in. And with #Roku hosting this bum app...well, let’s not rule out what cut they might get if people subscribe through the Roku HBO Max app. 

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@Madlenka8 wrote:

Hey there @Jahoolie333 thanks for the deets but your HBO max app has way more options to choose from in ‘circle’ icon (looks like a person to meSmiley Happy than in my app.

I think you were responding to my reply. If you are limited to those options it sure sounds like you are not signed in. So, the option to switch profiles and sign out would likely not be there. I have HBO Max access from my AT&T Wireless plan, so there was an option for AT&T when I choose sign-in with Mobile or TV Provider. I can't recall now if I saw an AT&T NOW option as a TV Provider as I was scrolling.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Level 9

Jump to solution

@blade_005 thnx! I thought I was replying to what jahoolie posted. Regardless there is no #AT&T TVNOW option to sign in. As I’ve said there is only AT&T and while I have an AT&T phone and internet bundle, those login credentials cannot be used to verify that I have an HBO Max subscription. I pay for ATT TVNOW separately and that is where my HBO Max subscription lives. Not in my phone/internet bundle. So until #ATT, #HBO and #Roku whichever ones responsible or all of them, broaden the ways in which subscribers can login into this app, it’s a useless purple square on my Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Level 8

Jump to solution

Used the "Peter" user from the old account. Used the Sign Out and the app crashed. Reinstalled and the old account info was back. Issues like this baffle me. Is it my hardware, wifi, the app, Roku? I've already canceled  My plan was to use the Roku account this month then sign up for the six month deal before it expires next month.

Thanks very much for your assistance and support.

J.

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 10

Re: Roku forcing credit card for HBO MAX... but I am already a subscriber

Jump to solution

Go to top menu, logout (YOU MUST LOGOUT and there is no indicator to tell you to do so)by going all the way to the right (this may be nested; keep going right/down).

Go back to Home. 

Try to watch a video (any video), and the app will allow you to login under your existing credentials (you will need to login via computer).

As an aside, the Roku interface is much worse than (eg) the Xbox one is (they look similar, but work differently). But at least it works. If I had to guess, the Roku version is better than your Iphone version. I can't even imagine watching videos on a phone rather than a TV (well, I can imagine it, but I can imagine H E L L as well).

Roku will never tell you this, as it is in their best interests that you login under Roku. I'm surprised they allow you to do so even under the above "cloak", though I guess the better business bureau would frown on them if they prevented it.

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@Madlenka8 wrote:

@blade_005 thnx! I thought I was replying to what jahoolie posted. Regardless there is no #AT&T TVNOW option to sign in. 

@Bertie01 mentioned in another HBO Max thread that they have AT&T TV. They are having issues with the app responding, but they may have some insight as to how they were able to SIGN IN with an AT&T TV subscription to HBO Max.

HBO Max not Working 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Bertie01
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just to clarify, I have AT&T U-Verse, not AT&T TV.  They are two different services.

Bertie01
Level 9

Jump to solution

What it's looking like is an issue with the Roku Streaming sticks, as another poster with a 3500 streaming stick is having the same issue I am with my TV with the streaming stick.  

I was able to get it to work in what appears to be the proper manner on two other TV's, one with a Roku Express and the other with a Roku Premiere. 

I don't have AT&T TV, I have AT&T Uverse 200 package, so that's no help for HBO-Max.

"Sherken12" on the other thread suggested the workaround for those having these issues with the Roku streaming sticks of selecting a known show from the Roku Home Search function.  The TV with the streaming stick will play/pause/reverse a show if you select it from the Roku Home Search function, but you can't use any other remote control functions or see the HBO Max menu at all from there.

0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Bertie01 thanks. Yes I used to have Uverse but switched to ATT TVNow after some other Uverse problems. 
Gonna keep reading threads, trying thumbs but unfortunately as I said before right now this is just a useless purple box in my family of Roku apps that I have to skim over. ☹️