Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madlenka8
Level 9

Re: HBO Max app - login option not available for existing subscriptions?

Jump to solution

Same thing...I have am HBO MAX subscription through ATT TV Now and I cannot use it to login. I have added the app to my Roku tv. I go in and click on a show to watch which directs me to login or subscribe. I click login and it offers me the option of choosing 'login with tv or mobile provider' or login into HBO MAX account with your email and password. I chose the first option because that is the one I have! I am offered a code and asked to go to the hbomax.com/tvsignin which I have (on both my phone and computer). I put the code in on the site as directed and then the only option I have for a service provides my HBO MAX is AT&T. (Not ATTTV Now like with EVERY other app on my ROKU TV.) I use my ATT mobile/internet credentials to try and login and I am told my subscription cannot be verified. ???????What gives.....

0 Kudos
nmoneymaker
Level 7

Re: HBO Max won't let me sign in using a new account - slightly different

Jump to solution

I did the sign out option and quit the app and signed in under my HBOmax email and password and it just gives me the “renew subscription” option for $14.99 a month. I already have it. I double checked the HBO max app on my phone and no issues. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Santa77
Level 7

Re: HBO Max won't let me sign in using a new account - slightly different

Jump to solution

Hi nmakneymaker,

i had no issues signing in using my Cable provider’s account credentials.  

Sounds like you subscribe directly with HBO Max, and it’s only working on your iPhone. 

My only suggestion:   Log out of your iPhone account and log back in.  Then try on Roku using the same credentials.  

If that doesn’t work, change the password on your iPhone and try again on Roku. 

0 Kudos
JoeKool
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I enter the code from the HBOMAX app on my phone, the "next" button to move forward does nothing. If I enter my email & password directly on the roku app, it tells me it's incorrect, when I know it's 100% correct 

0 Kudos
mee-shell
Level 7

Re: HBO Max channel log into relative's account

Jump to solution

I added the HBO Max channel to my Roku today and discovered that it was logged into my brother's account from a 2019 visit. There was no option to Log Out; I could only delete or add profiles. How do I get out of his account so I can use my own? Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Level 9

Jump to solution

Doesn’t work!!! That’s how I tried to login. Again....first things first-I have an ATT TV NOW subscription with HBO Max added on. I added the HBO Max app to my Roku Tv yesterday. I opened it and went to play content so that I could be directed to login. I was next offered Sigin or Subscribe. I chose signin because I already pay for HBO Max. I was then directed to choose signin with tv or mobile provider or signin with HBO Max account. Chose signin with tv or mobile provider and was sent a code to put into a field at HBOmax.com/tvsiginin. When i I put the code on that site from my phone (and computer cause I tried this multiple times) I had only one option for a tv provider I could choose: AT&T (not ATT TV NOW). I chose the only I could and was asked to login with my AT&T credentials which I have and did...and the bleepin HBO Max site said it could not verify my credentials. WHOSE TO BLAME??? #HBO, #ATT, or #ROKU?

billyS
Level 7

Roku forcing credit card for HBO MAX... but I am already a subscriber

Jump to solution

Great to see HBO MAX on Roku.  However, it is keeping me from viewing saying I need to pay 14.99.  But I am already a subscriber of HBO MAX...  I have been watching it on my iPhone.  There should be an option for entering credentials to watch the service, rather than forcing payment to view.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Roku forcing credit card for HBO MAX... but I am already a subscriber

Jump to solution

Relax theyll work it out for you in time....,

https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Cschultz87
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried this and it’s still not working. I only receive an option to create a new subscription using my Roku account info.  My wife has a current subscription with her email for HBO Max that we want to use.

0 Kudos
Drea520
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello. I've tried all variations of logging in and I'm still prompted to subscribe. I already have a subscription to HBO MAX. How do I resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos