Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfgsrzwer
Level 10

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

And yet clever. Roku wants you to subscribe through them, not someone else. If I didn't "need" to run HBOmax at the same time as playing games on my Xbox, I would be content to just use the Xbox app. Also, I can't put the entire blame on Roku...HBO designed the app interface, and knows it is screwed up. It was on HBO's own website that told me the answer of how to fix it. Roku is to blame by having a tech (Danny, and no, I do not feel guilty of throwing him under the bus since Roku did it first) in the other thread give wrong information on how to fix it.

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 10

Re: HBO MAX setup issue

Jump to solution

Just a heads up---that is not working for 99% of the community. I'm assuming you accessed HBO through Roku, and did so until today when you upgraded to "max". The people having problems are those that already had HBOmax through other devices not being able to access their account through Roku. There is a workaround through this detailed in other threads.

You method will NOT work for the users I mention above.

GPrestonian
Level 8

Re: HBO Max app - login option not available for existing subscriptions?

Jump to solution

Thank you, donrb, your suggestions finally made the magic happen on my Roku Streaming Stick+

Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
alsam
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yep finally got it to work. What a bit of a trainwreck in design. Thanks to all the help here!

0 Kudos
fincho
Level 7

Transition from HBO/HBONOW through ROKU to HBOMAX thru ROKU NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

Well I was not happy to have only the old HBO on Roku until yesterday when the change to HBOMAX was announced.  Have gone through the process to have HBOMAX channel added to ROKU Home Screen.   Looks fine and indicated it found my subscription.   Only needed to go to hbomax.com/tvsignin and enter the code on the screen.   Routine process, but does not work - does not connect.   Have attempted this on 3 different ROKU devices or TVs in my house.    I cannot figure out how to identify what ROKU operating system I am under.   That might be a problem, but I have a brand new TV that won't work with this either.   I just left PRIME HBO to go to ROKU HBO about a month ago.    I now wonder if I just need to revert back to prime.   Or sign up directly with HBOMAX.      So many alternatives and pros and cons to all.   But so far HBOMAX on ROKU is a non-starter for me.

andyross
Level 15

Jump to solution

Why are you blaming Roku for the design of the HBO Max app?? Most all apps have 'Sign Out' options buried deep in odd places. Roku doesn't design apps, other than their own Roku channel.

0 Kudos
steveab
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you - That worked!

0 Kudos
Wondersis
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you soo much gor figuring this out for us!

0 Kudos
MarkF
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is resolved for me now.  One one roku of mine the log in screen came up and I was able to log in.  Another one was about to be replaced with a New Ultra; after installing it, it automatically plugged in my NEW HBO Max account rather than my old HBO account.  

What a clusterf...

I'd blame it on HBO for their terrible decision to 1) create three types of HBO's, and 2) wait so long to deliver it to Roku.

0 Kudos
Santa77
Level 7

Re: HBO Max won't let me sign in using a new account - slightly different

Jump to solution

The log out solution worked.  Gave me the Sign In option.   I’ve been looking for this for 24 hours.  Thank you 

0 Kudos