Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madlenka8
Level 9

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

@Bertie01 things not thumbs???? Bloody phone! 

aaronpk
Level 7

Re: HBO Max app - login option not available for existing subscriptions?

Jump to solution

I tried all the suggestions.  Still no login box

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@aaronpk wrote:

I tried all the suggestions.  Still no login box

Did you try what @FrodoBagginz suggested on the previous page?

I did a quick test to see how it would behave. I logged out of HBO Max and restarted Roku TV. I opened the HBO Max app and from the home page used the UP button on the Roku remote to select BROWSE and selected OK. The pull out menu lands you on HOME and just above it is GET STARTED. I moved UP to GET STARTED and selected OK. That took me to a page that showed the option to SIGN IN or SUBSCRIBE. Once I authenticated and was SIGNED IN the GET STARTED option is no longer available from the Main Menu.

This was on a Roku TV, but I don't see why it would be different on any other Roku device.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
cg21
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried to watch Flight Attendant, it asked for my login, but it still wouldn't allow me to login. I got "unhandled exception" error message.

0 Kudos
L1ly
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried to watch exclusive HBOmax content and am told the content is not available right now. The other message telling me that I am subscribed to a 7 day free trial of HBOmax is obviously not true!

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@L1ly wrote:

The other message telling me that I am subscribed to a 7 day free trial of HBOmax is obviously not true!

AT&T / WarnerMedia ended the free trial offers on HBO Max just a few days after they announced that WW84 would be released on HBO Max Christmas day. Free trials are ending for most of these major streamers. Netflix, Disney+ and now HBO Max all have ended free trial offers.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Bertie01
Level 9

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

Well, that's just me .... I started out on IBM Mainframes when no one knew what the internet was ... and then it was line command controls and nothing but bulletin boards a universities and gov. agencies!   Showing my age, eh????  My favorite computer game is still "KIng's Quest"!!!!   ; -))))

0 Kudos
BluePhi
Level 7

Jump to solution

I followed your suggestion and it took me to a screen that requires me to resubscribe.  I need to get to a screen that allows me to log in with existing credentials as I have an account already, just not the account associated with my Roku account.  How can I get to a full LOGIN screen, not resubscribe?

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@BluePhi wrote:

I followed your suggestion and it took me to a screen that requires me to resubscribe.  I need to get to a screen that allows me to log in with existing credentials as I have an account already, just not the account associated with my Roku account.  How can I get to a full LOGIN screen, not resubscribe?

I think you have to go to my.roku.com and remove any subscription you may have had to HBO through Roku in the past from your account. That may give you the option to SIGN IN with existing credentials.

0 Kudos
BluePhi
Level 7

Jump to solution

I actually found the answer-on the profile page if you scroll all the way to the right (not visible on main screen) you get an option to logout.  If you do that, you can watch some content and get a chance too log in again.

0 Kudos