Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

@Madlenka8 wrote:

@blade_005 thnx! I thought I was replying to what jahoolie posted. Regardless there is no #AT&T TVNOW option to sign in. 

@Bertie01 mentioned in another HBO Max thread that they have AT&T TV. They are having issues with the app responding, but they may have some insight as to how they were able to SIGN IN with an AT&T TV subscription to HBO Max.

HBO Max not Working 

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
Bertie01
Streaming Star

Just to clarify, I have AT&T U-Verse, not AT&T TV.  They are two different services.

Bertie01
Streaming Star

What it's looking like is an issue with the Roku Streaming sticks, as another poster with a 3500 streaming stick is having the same issue I am with my TV with the streaming stick.  

I was able to get it to work in what appears to be the proper manner on two other TV's, one with a Roku Express and the other with a Roku Premiere. 

I don't have AT&T TV, I have AT&T Uverse 200 package, so that's no help for HBO-Max.

"Sherken12" on the other thread suggested the workaround for those having these issues with the Roku streaming sticks of selecting a known show from the Roku Home Search function.  The TV with the streaming stick will play/pause/reverse a show if you select it from the Roku Home Search function, but you can't use any other remote control functions or see the HBO Max menu at all from there.

0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Binge Watcher

@Bertie01 thanks. Yes I used to have Uverse but switched to ATT TVNow after some other Uverse problems. 
Gonna keep reading threads, trying thumbs but unfortunately as I said before right now this is just a useless purple box in my family of Roku apps that I have to skim over. ☹️

Madlenka8
Binge Watcher

@Bertie01 things not thumbs???? Bloody phone! 

Bertie01
Streaming Star

Well, that's just me .... I started out on IBM Mainframes when no one knew what the internet was ... and then it was line command controls and nothing but bulletin boards a universities and gov. agencies!   Showing my age, eh????  My favorite computer game is still "KIng's Quest"!!!!   ; -))))

0 Kudos
MissPotes

@donrb I just rage scrolled too after reading that you rage scrolled and finally found it. Thank you! LOL

Worst design ever.

0 Kudos
donrb
Binge Watcher

Glad you were able to get sorted! And yea, doesn't feel like much user testing went into this release. Admittedly, we're prob the edge cases % wise, but doesn't make the experience any less frustrating 

0 Kudos
mcgixxer
Reel Rookie

No luck here with a signin screen no matter what I do. Did you figure anything out?

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Channel Surfer

I was able to sign out by clicking on the "ghost" user. However the app crashes right after. I reinstall and the ghost user is still there.

This squeaky wheel made noise about a refund with Roku and PayPal. I claimed fraud with PayPal as the product was not delivered as promised. I noted the HUNDREDS of posts in Roku Community as proof that the product was not delivered as promied.

Thank you all for your posts. I'm sorry to say the end result for me is that Roku and HBO Max will not get any of my money.

Best of luck to y'all. Keep up the good fight. I highly recommend you work toward a refund and stop trying to make a broke thing work.

0 Kudos