Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drea520
Level 8

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and my regular HBO has been canceled for months now. 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
Drea520
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you ever get a response on how to use the AT&T subscription on Roku through ? I'm not going to resubscribe via Roku for something I already have. 🤦‍♀️

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Level 8

Re: HBO Max app - login option not available for existing subscriptions?

Jump to solution

Poor app is right. There is no place on my Samsung TV app to find the control to sign out. I'm having the same issue. This posted solution is not working for me. I'm still hunting though!!

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Level 8

Jump to solution

Still experiencing the issue after trying your solution Danny.

Roku Ultra. I've installed and uninstalled the app. Still popping up with old account and no way to sign out.

With app not installed, I searched for The Flight Attendant. Roku installed the HBO Max app. When it opened, still had the old user with no way to sign-out.

I have killed the power to my Roku and restarted. Same with wifi.

Please advise. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Level 8

Jump to solution

Never had an HBO account with Roku. Still can't find a sign-out option on the HBO Max app.

0 Kudos
tmgstar75
Level 7

Jump to solution

All I get is the option to subscribe. What can I do? Works fine on desktop and phone just not on Roku tv. please advise. 

MarkF
Level 8

Jump to solution

One other thing I did in the madness of trying to get the ability to sign out and back in was to install the HBO Max app on my phone and then go to the Log Out Of All Devices.  It says it could take up to 4 hours to fully log out.  Then I stayed off all devices for at least four hours.

Honestly, I can't remember if my Roku #1 of 2 allowed me to sign in immediately after that or not. But at some point after that it did let me, and was good on that one.   My Roku #2 still would not let me sign out, so I replaced it (Roku 4) with my new Roku Ultra that I had coincidentally just bought as a replacement.  When I installed that new Roku, I saw that I was already logged into HBO Max when I initially brought it up.  It must have taken the log in from my other Roku #1.  But interestingly, I still did not see the Sign Out link, although I no longer needed it.

So after a day or two of craziness, I'm propelry logged into my new HBO Max account.  

For those of you who might not remember my initial post to start the thread, I already had an "old" regular HBO account, purchased through Roku.  When I could not convert it to HBO Max, I went directly to HBO Max and bought a subscription (20% off a 6 month sub now), and figured I'd just log in with my new account credentials. You know the rest of the story.

0 Kudos
tmgstar75
Level 7

Jump to solution

That’s helpful! Will give that a try. Thanks!

0 Kudos
FrodoBagginz
Level 8

Jump to solution

How to Log In without needing to try and play content:

When not signed in, on the top left, click the Browse button.
On the drop down menu, move up and click Get Started.
The Log in screen will appear.

blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@Jahoolie333 wrote:

Never had an HBO account with Roku. Still can't find a sign-out option on the HBO Max app.

On the home page of HBO Max I see three icons at the top of the page. The FOUR (4) SQUARES ICON that will open a pull out menu for categories of content, a MAGNIFYING GLASS ICON for search and a CIRCLE ICON that indicates the current profile selected. If you select the CIRCLE ICON you should see a list of items that you can scroll through from left to right as follows:

• My Profile
  • Parental Controls
  • Closed Captions
  • Continue Watching
  • Help
  • Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  • Privacy & Terms
  • Info
  • Sign Out

SIGN OUT is at the very end of that list and not viewable when you first enter the page. DO NOT SELL selection is the last one I see until you keep scrolling to the right.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos